Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering uncirculated Bank of Ireland banknotes?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi

I live in Northern Ireland and collect banknotes and would love to acquire an uncirculated £5, £10, £20, and possibly £50 and £100 set. I'd be willing to pay a premium if necessary in addition to the face value of the notes. To what extent is it possible to order uncirculated BoI banknotes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Jawfin, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

It would be best to contact the appropriate central bank who issued this type of currency as Bank of Ireland would not stock these notes. If issued from Ireland this would be the Central Bank of Ireland and if in England it would the Bank of England. 

I hope this helps and thanks again for getting in contact with us. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

I'm open to correction but I'm guessing the OP is referring to sterling notes issued by Bank of Ireland in NI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

I'm open to correction but I'm guessing the OP is referring to sterling notes issued by Bank of Ireland in NI.
    Hi purpleisafruit, 

While this is not a service we provide, he can call into a branch to get notes and query this however; there is no guarantee that the notes we supply are going to be uncirculated. 

Thanks again, 

Elaine 

Advertisement