Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget needed for equipment

Options
  • 22-01-2017 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to invest in some equipment to shoot some basic stuff like interviews (in a very well lit performance room for theatre) and short sketches, etc.

I've acted in a few short films that used a DSLR setup with a tripod. Sometimes they had an external boom mic, others had not. So at minimum I guess I need the camera and tripod.

So, as a new starter, what should I be looking to spend? The max I'd like to spend is a grand, but hopefully less.

I've tried googling around but there's an ocean of products out there. It's quite daunting. So I'm hear to ask. If I haven't given enough detail, let me know and I'll try add as much as I can.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 midiofnowhere

you could certainly get a basic set up for less than a grand pm if you want to chat about some of your options and otherwise good luck!

Advertisement