Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the ninja cyclists?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

approx 35% of the bikes on my daily commute have no lights. A lot are in their 20s, a lot seem to be foreign. Is it prohibitively expensive to buy lights or is it not considered cool by millenials, or perhaps not the norm in Italy/Spain/Brazil or whatever?

Never noticed it this bad before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Darwin will solve this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

It's pure ignorance , no point imparting some advice either as you'll be told to f**k off...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't get it either. A relatively decent pair can be got dirt cheap. My own pair aren't fantastic but at least can be seen coming.

I'm guessing they never thought about it. Occasionally you see them with the lights reversed, not much thinking going on there either.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mrcheez wrote: »
    a lot seem to be foreign.

I'm foreign and really do not appreciate you starting any thread singling out "foreigners" particularly when you probably have little if any idea of where the people you are talking about come from

Thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement