Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Baldoyle a good place to live?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

Happy to see lots of good comments on Baldoyle.
    Is anyone buying any new houses in baldoyle recently? I heard theres a new build right by the train side.
    Can anyone suggests more about the area who bought there recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

jalikhata wrote: »
    Is anyone buying any new houses in baldoyle recently? I heard theres a new build right by the train side.

It's fine, but like pretty much every other northside suburb it doesn't have any community hub or town centre type of thing unless you count where the Racecourse is, lol. We don't do planning in this country.
    You are close to some nice places though, Howth, Malahide, St Anne's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think alot of the new houses that are currently under construction close to the train station have been bought up by "the new landlord classes" otherwise known as a property fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

neris wrote: »
    I think alot of the new houses that are currently under construction close to the train station have been bought up by "the new landlord classes" otherwise known as a property fund.

How do you know this? So, its already sold up?

was a small article in newspaper or website a few weeks back youd be better ringing the selling agents and finding out. Im just saying what I read which didnt go into specifics and detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

The area is quite but I found houses to be small in bayview(https://www.bay-view.ie/ ).

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

Happy to see lots of good comments on Baldoyle. ....

Since this thread was started there have been a lot of changes and a huge amount of development is working its way east towards Baldoyle. One of the results of this is a lot more traffic in the area.
    It's fine, but like pretty much every other northside suburb it doesn't have any community hub or town centre .....

What do you want ? A retail mall ?

Baldoyle is a village.

Slightly off topic but has anyone used the new off license in the racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

there is the Baldoyle Forum http://www.baldoyleforum.ie/ as well as Baldoyle Library, both are quite active in community work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

It looks like there will be houses built the whole way between Balgriffin to Portmarnock. There aren't enough amenities in Baldoyle for the housing.
    I saw agricultural land for sale on the Moyne rd. So I'd imagine another 600 houses will go there too. It's on bidxone.com.

Must be an extra 4000 housingnunits around Clarehall/Balgriffin/Portmarnock in the last 3 years.

Paddy is making the same mistakes again.

Traffic is bad but I'd imagine once people eventually go back to their offices it will be crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 manofachill

they've put in a the new cycle track from Baldoyle to Portmarnock and the new Dart station and an enormous park, several pitches, its not as if the area is hard up for sports amenities anyway!!! Its probably the best designed residential area in Ireland to be honest, streets ahead of somewhere like Cherrywood. It has a serious amount of money being pumped into it though so the council haven't got any excuses here and everything has to be perfect to be fair.

Once complaint I would have is they could have improved the road from Baldoyle to Portmarnock while they were doing the cycle track. It needs some level of straightening to make it safer and needs to be even just 3 foot wider in some areas would make all the difference. the 102 struggles to get down it in places

Once complaint I would have is they could have improved the road from Baldoyle to Portmarnock while they were doing the cycle track. It needs some level of straightening to make it safer and needs to be even just 3 foot wider in some areas would make all the difference. the 102 struggles to get down it in places

It needs to be wider straighter and lite up at nights. Its lethal at parts in winter after heavy rains especially when theres no traffic on it you can end driving through large puddles without seeing them. Was told years ago that the council had CPO'd the house and cottages on the seaside of the road but they couldnt do any thing with them till the residents died and then the plan was to carry out works and improve the road. I dunno how true that is coz was over 10 years ago I heard that.

It probably would have been easier (but more expensive) to build a new safer road in on where the cycleway is and have turned the current road into the cycleway/greenway

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

It's not really a village in the Dublin sense though. It has no centre.

Ciaranis wrote: »

I'd call Lidl the centre: pub, bookies, library and church in close proximity is all you'd usually look for to call a village a village.

Ciaranis wrote: »

The "centre" of baldoyle was originally where the white house is now. The chipper beside it was a butcher at one stage. Baldoyle was rural north Dublin up to the early/mid 1900s. Alot of what are now estates, developments & the industrial estate were farm land & religious lands

Advertisement