Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEA gate control board

Options
  • 22-01-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I need too replace the control board for DEA underground gates
    the current board is a DEA 202 E3 board but this is obsolete.

I am looking for a replacement board either DEA or Universal, preferably one that the current fobs will work with (dea genie rolling code).

Any help and advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What is the actual issue with your existing Control board, they can be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

kub wrote: »
    What is the actual issue with your existing Control board, they can be fixed.

It's toast
    Water damaged, a few of the printed circuits blown out in the back, a couple of capacitors corroded off the board, a few other bits flashed out and a couple of the pots for adjusting time, torque etc looking very rusty

TPM wrote: »
    It's toast
    Water damaged, a few of the printed circuits blown out in the back, a couple of capacitors corroded off the board, a few other bits flashed out and a couple of the pots for adjusting time, torque etc looking very rusty

Ok i hear you. First of all the good news is the radio card on that control board is a plug on unit, now assuming that it has not been damaged that should plug onto a new control unit.

As you said that is quite old and a lot of old gate controllers have been upgraded to comply with EN Safety Standards.

Bearing in mind those safety standards and also that the Private Security Authority has issued guidelines here, I am afraid all i can advise you to do is to get a professional to sort this issue for you as if anyone gets harmed by your gates then you will be held responsible.

I know we usually help here but that is the best and safest advice i can give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

I had the installer look at it and he said the board was obsolete and he didnt have time to source one, if i got one a board he would fit it or if i gave him new part number he would order it and fit it.
    I am down to a "nologo start s11" universal board and possibly the 230n dea board.

My advice would be to stick with the same manufacturer as sometimes even-though components are compatable, when they fail they may cause more damage than usual.

Also i am wondering how your existing controller got so damp etc, you might get your installer to make sure all holes to the box are sealed up properly so dampness, bugs etc cannot get in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement