Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football violence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Football violence : 9 bloodiest battles of European football

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/culture/football_violence_9_bloodiest_battles_of_european_football_1_4854568

We think that football violence has almost been eliminated from football but it still is quite common in Europe. (No mention of Fellainis elbows, btw:pac:)

Ireland has a very narrow minded approach to football tbh, if it's not the England Premier League people don't pay much interest.

Football violence is still rift and always will be in Europe and beyond, even in the English Premier League (but it's away from grounds and generally Sky try to censor that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Football in England still has issues from time to time. It certainly isn't the same scale as the 80s but still there, in all divisions, including non league.

I think it's easier to avoid now than it used to be though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Been to few Derbies around Europe. Most high profile would have been Lazio v Roma in March 2008 and never saw ounce of trouble. The thing that was striking though was the lack of women and children at the game. Was with my ex at time and I say no more then 500 women inside the ground.

Anyone at the Czech Republic v Ireland game in 2007 here or saw trouble. Few of us bumped into few Neo Nazi lads after game. Thankfully was only few belts and they only wanted to take our flags.

Heard some disturbing stories from Russia v Ireland game in 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Was at that Rome derby and it happened about 10 days after the cops shot dead a Lazio ultra. There was afaik a truce between the two sets of fans that night with any aggro to be aimed at the cops.

Advertisement