Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Recording Help

Options
  • 22-01-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

Looking to get someone over to help set up some very basic home recording. I have digital piano and acoustic guitar - from the programs available I am looking to go with audacity as it seems very user friendly but just struggling to get everything sorted, need advice on mics etc also.

Happy to throw in few quid for beer money to get up and running!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

Buy 1 good condenser mic for a start, like an Audix VX5 or AKG C535. It will be excellent for vocals and acoustic instruments. Also an Audix D2, Shure SM57 etc. for micing guitar cabs, and certain percussion. You won't go wrong starting off with those.

Ignore all the noise about mic-pre's (preamps) until you're at a stage that you're more competent and working in conditions where they'll make a difference.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jenearl

What kind of budget you have? You'll need a decent pair of closed back headphones too, otherwise you'll get sound bleeding into your mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hxcquinn

I have been recording myself and members of my band and previous projects at home using minimal equipment and gaining the satisfactory result that I wanted. I used

A USB Behringer Interface with 4 Mic Inputs and 2 Jack inputs.
    Condenser Microphone / Shure Sm57 & 58
    Reaper - Free DAW Available on their website.

Advertisement