Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First carbon recommendations?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade this year from my Alu frame Felt 95 to a carbon bike. My B2W resets this year. Budget would be c. 2k. Might be able to push it a bit for a great bike.

Before, I was looking at Canyon as they seemed great value, but now they seem quite expensive.

I've heard good things about the Boardman Carbon, have seen quite a few in the club.

Does anyone have any advice / recommendations?

Cheers,

E

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade this year from my Alu frame Felt 95 to a carbon bike. My B2W resets this year. Budget would be c. 2k. Might be able to push it a bit for a great bike.

Before, I was looking at Canyon as they seemed great value, but now they seem quite expensive.

I've heard good things about the Boardman Carbon, have seen quite a few in the club.

Does anyone have any advice / recommendations?

Cheers,

E

For that budget I'd go for a decent speced Ribble R872. The silver one looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

godtabh wrote: »
    For that budget I'd go for a decent speced Ribble R872. The silver one looks class

Oh that looks really nice

godtabh wrote: »

Can you get Ribble through bike to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I was in the LBS the other day and saw a beautiful looking Giant spec with 105 groupset in blue/black for 1500-1600, use the change to get a set of Krysirums with the blue hub and it's a beauty. Really was a lovely bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I was in a similar position a couple of months ago. In the end I bough one of these.

Here's a thread I started looking for advice and opinions >> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102018175

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Big Mig

I can get you one of these or anything else on the Sensa website with a little discount if you're interested. http://www.sensabikes.com/bikes/road/670/aquila-matt-pro?c=24
    There's a black version too which I think looks better. Dutch brand, good bikes, good spec and great value.
    I've offered to do this on here before but so far nobody has taken me up on it.
    Bike to work is an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

There's some really good looking bikes on the Sensa website, that's for sure. If I had more than 70 cent in my pockets, I'd be seriously tempted!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ezra_ wrote: »
    Can you get Ribble through bike to work?
    You can get any bike, depending entirely on what your employer permits. Please see the BTW megathread (linked from FAQs) for more info.

Beasty wrote: »
    You can get any bike, depending entirely on what your employer permits. Please see the BTW megathread (linked from FAQs) for more info.

Thanks for that - I didn't know it was that simple, thought you had to go through one of the commercial people.

Advertisement