Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC 455d query

Options
  • 22-01-2017 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

I have a FAAC 455d control board for my electric gates. One of the buttons (no.2) on the internal unit of my intercom (an ACT) is set up to stop the operation of the gates so that if I want to leave them open I can hit that button. All works fine except that if I hit button 2 on the intercom when the gates are open, I can't figure how to make them close again. Programming on the 455d is set to "A" (ie automatic).
    Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Did you try and give them another open instruction in that position after pressing the hold open button?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yes...they may have moved an inch or two...but they don't close fully...

OP is there anything obstructing your safety photocells? If not and when you have daylight. Wave your hand completely in front of and away from each photocell, one of the photocells of each pair should click in response to your hand blocking it and you should hear a click sound.

Let me know how that goes please.

I checked them earlier...and again now (is daylight relevant given they are infra-red?). They seem to be fine...clicking away..

exaisle wrote: »
    I checked them earlier...and again now (is daylight relevant given they are infra-red?). They seem to be fine...clicking away..

Ah it was just in case you tripped on something in the dark that was all ;).

Can you reset the power to the gate and then give it a pulse to open ?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Ah it was just in case you tripped on something in the dark that was all ;).

Can you reset the power to the gate and then give it a pulse to open ?

Will do as soon as I'm home,thanks.

Ok....opened gates and gave it a stop pulse. Then I tried to give it a start pulse (and tried two one after the other) and no joy.

So, I switched off the power for a couple of minutes, switched back on and hit a start pulse....still no joy.

So, I switched off the power again and manually moved the gates back to the closed position...switched back on and they're opening (and closing) fine.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm using electronic limit switches. When the gates are open, they show two vertical lines in the right LED indicator, when they're closed they show two horizontal lines, which appears to be correct.

Did you try and give them another open instruction in that position after pressing the hold open button?

I'm assuming that when you say the "hold open" button, you mean the "stop"?

Ok....opened gates and gave it a stop pulse. Then I tried to give it a start pulse (and tried two one after the other) and no joy.

So, I switched off the power for a couple of minutes, switched back on and hit a start pulse....still no joy.

So, I switched off the power again and manually moved the gates back to the closed position...switched back on and they're opening (and closing) fine.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm using electronic limit switches. When the gates are open, they show two vertical lines in the right LED indicator, when they're closed they show two horizontal lines, which appears to be correct.

Yes, i did mean 'stop', is this a recent installation?

Seems that your reset has fixed it but it might happen again. I would recommend getting your installer back to look into this.

Yes, i did mean 'stop', is this a recent installation?

Seems that your reset has fixed it but it might happen again. I would recommend getting your installer back to look into this.

Yes...a week ago! I'll give him a call. Thanks for your help.

E

• Advertisement

Yes...a week ago! I'll give him a call. Thanks for your help.

E

There is something there not wired or connected properly, I am sure your installer will sort you out.

Advertisement