Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest insurance?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any insurance companies that give proper qoutes?

Ive tried axa,alliance and FBD so far

7 year no claims and the best qoute im gettin is 1300...up from 850...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Mine is up soon, seemed to have doubled with some companies, Try AIG, cheapest around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Mine is up soon, seemed to have doubled with some companies, Try AIG, cheapest around.

Same as that man its a absoutle joke! cheers ill give them a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SilentScout

I've been with Quotedevil 2 years running and they've beaten competitor quote's each year, unfortunately my premium still went up each year but they had the most reasonable price.
    Britton and First Ireland weren't too bad either.

They wont even qoute me! :eek:

I've been with Quotedevil 2 years running and they've beaten competitor quote's each year, unfortunately my premium still went up each year but they had the most reasonable price.
    Britton and First Ireland weren't too bad either.

Im gonna try em all, try get it as cheap as possible its crazy how it keeps going up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Mine is up in 2 weeks.
    Aig through chill went up 200 Euro from last year so I shopped round them all.
    Got kenco through top insure for same price as last year. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

BOI and itsforwomen have been decent for some

EDIT - for shiz and giggles I just did an online quote with BOI
    Full Irish DL 5+ years
    NCD 5+ years
    Computer consultant
    07 Mazda3 1.6

"Prestige" quotes:
    Comp - €666
    TPFT - €631

That comp quote is double my last Irish insurance on a 1.4 focus 6 years ago. That's a load of balls and I suspect some people will think that's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭honda boi

Aviva through ulster bank have been the cheapest for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Have been with 123.ie for the past three years.. cheapest on a 350z and a GTI. My renewal on the 350z went down actually.

All these sites wont even offer me a qoute :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Cupatae wrote: »
    They wont even qoute me! :eek:

try 25plus.ie if your over 25.

try 25plus.ie if your over 25.

Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the "Contacts" section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you.

Im guessing its because my cars a 01?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the "Contacts" section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you.

Im guessing its because my cars a 01?

Yup, no matter how meticulously maintained it is, your car is a distinct danger to all. You should turn yourself in to the gards for even thinking of bringing it out on the road. For shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Try ringing. I got a quote on axa.ie and it was well over my renewal. I rang them a couple of weeks later and got a much lower quote (just over half my renewal). The girl took more details (like being a member of a credit union) and the quote came in much lower. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Anyone know any insurance companies that give proper qoutes?

Ive tried axa,alliance and FBD so far

7 year no claims and the best qoute im gettin is 1300...up from 850...

Can't reccomend highly enough that you go through a broker.
    Only quotes I could find were between 800 and 1200.
    Quick call to a broker and it's down to 530.Have saved a fortune on calls and loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Which broker?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Try post insurance or aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try all the companies in the "List of insurers" sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I think it's fair to say - no one company is cheapest.

Rates vary so much and do seem to be on a case by case basis. I know those working in the industry will say different.

It's often the case we see a great quote for a boardsie and a fellow member calls up with similar car and stats and gets vastly different results.

I'm changing cars soon so looking for ballpark figures on a few cars but the prices all seem to be high.

If you're looking 2L + and German... which I am... it's an exciting process... :(

Advertisement