Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IUI

Options
  • 22-01-2017 8:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭

Anyone any helpful info on IUI as I think this is the next thing myself and partner want to try?price?success rate??any info would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Here is a link to a thread I started on it a few years back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92398715

It didn't work for us, but as a procedure it is less invasive than IVF so probably worth a try

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

brokensoul wrote: »
    Here is a link to a thread I started on it a few years back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92398715

It didn't work for us, but as a procedure it is less invasive than IVF so probably worth a try

Thanks for that,could u tell me what the gist was for the IUI(estimate)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Bigbok wrote: »
    Thanks for that,could u tell me what the gist was for the IUI(estimate)

Pricewise?

IIRC it was €700

brokensoul wrote: »
    Pricewise?

IIRC it was €700

Thanks

This is a price I got quoted incase anyone else was looking for info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭tobdom

We were very lucky with IUI being successful for us 1st time, so just to give people some hope, it does work! But of course there are so many variables and considerations..... We tried TSI for a few months before we moved to IUI. Our LO is 6 months old now and absolutely flying it :-)

Good luck!

tobdom wrote: »
    We were very lucky with IUI being successful for us 1st time, so just to give people some hope, it does work! But of course there are so many variables and considerations..... We tried TSI for a few months before we moved to IUI. Our LO is 6 months old now and absolutely flying it :-)

Good luck!

Thanks,we had bloods and all that taken and SA was perfect she said,can't find anything wrong with my other half.going back this week to freeze some swimmers as I'll be away a lot.git a prescription for clomid which she has been told to contact them on day and they will then tell her what to do and what will be done going forward.
    Costs were as follows-
    Bloods including HIV and Hypititas €220
    Consultation €106
    SA-€120
    Freeze Seamen sample will be €350 but will do it on three separate occasions
    IUI is €549

Hope this helps

Advertisement