Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address

• 22-01-2017 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

hi all not sure if this is the right place for this but looking into opening a credit union account for saving and potentially a car loan down the road, however 90% of my bills are paperless at the minute as are my bank statements so Ive nothing in date handy, just wondering if a shipping document that comes with online purchases would suffice as Ive a few of them that are dated and include name/address details, thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

No it wouldn't. Would you have any correspondence from Revenue like tax credit cert? If not probably easier to ask bank to send out a statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

phormium wrote: »
    No it wouldn't. Would you have any correspondence from Revenue like tax credit cert? If not probably easier to ask bank to send out a statement.

ive ordered a statement alright but they said to expect to wait 7-10 days which is less than convenient, if I print an e statement will it suffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Paperless bills usually still have your address. I just Print them Off and it works fine.

_Brian wrote: »
    Paperless bills usually still have your address. I just Print them Off and it works fine.

thats perfect so, thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,052 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

_Brian wrote: »

These will not be accepted as they can be doctored, has to be originals as issued by the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

No it doesn't. An estatement is proof of address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Come back and let us know if the estatement works, in the past they definitely were not accepted by banks but things may have changed now that it is all so many people have.

Financial institutions have slight leeway in what documents they accept as proof of address so there were always differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Come back and let us know if the estatement works, in the past they definitely were not accepted by banks but things may have changed now that it is all so many people have.

Financial institutions have slight leeway in what documents they accept as proof of address so there were always differences.

I have had eStatements and eBills accepted by INIS and Banks.

will do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,052 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I have had eStatements and eBills accepted by INIS and Banks.

Surprised they were, they can easily be manipulated by someone with a very basic level of knowledge of desktop publishing applications. My bank have refused them from me in the past.

• Advertisement

Surprised they were, they can easily be manipulated by someone with a very basic level of knowledge of desktop publishing applications. My bank have refused them from me in the past.

to be fair if you were going to go to that effort it would be just as easy to edit and print a coloured statement as if it were from the bank, ones I get arent watermarked or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

If you are registered to vote the credit union can look up your address and use that as proof of address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭bilbot79

You can print the estatement, take it into the branch and have them stamp it. Then it's as good as an original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭daheff

Most banks realise that most statements are digital now. There isnt the same requirement to have originals as in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've had printouts of e-statements accepted before - however, I am in the process of applying to open an account with Rabobank and they require one original document - they specify that it needs to have been posted to your address. It has to be a utility bill, financial statement of insurance cert/schedule & it must be dated in the last 6 months.

Increasingly this is going to be a very hard requirement to meet for people as every organisation wants to go paperless & personally, I love it as it saves piles of paperwork lying around never to be looked at. My insurance documents are probably over 6 months old at this stage. I think the only thing I have is probably my bin bill - that still comes in the post.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I've had printouts of e-statements accepted before - however, I am in the process of applying to open an account with Rabobank and they require one original document -

you know Rabobank Ireland are closing in April, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

daheff wrote: »
    you know Rabobank Ireland are closing in April, right?

Only their investment service. Their savings accounts will continue.

they took the printed estatement from my online banking as proof of address in the end for anyone that was wondering!

Only their investment service. Their savings accounts will continue.

I stand corrected. I dont pay any attention to their savings accounts as they are not paying a rate worth talking about:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

daheff wrote: »
    I stand corrected. I dont pay any attention to their savings accounts as they are not paying a rate worth talking about:rolleyes:

None of them are paying any decent rates at the moment, but for my circumstances, they are higher than anyone else. 'Best of a bad lot' really!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement