Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickel coils

Options
  • 22-01-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi im new to vaping and sub ohm vaping in particular I recently bought tge eleaf ipower 80w mod and a kanger sub mini tank and im wonder can you use the 0.15 ohm coil on this mod after hearing all the horror stories im a bit cautious any and all info greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ryan91300 wrote: »
    Hi im new to vaping and sub ohm vaping in particular I recently bought tge eleaf ipower 80w mod and a kanger sub mini tank and im wonder can you use the 0.15 ohm coil on this mod after hearing all the horror stories im a bit cautious any and all info greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Welcome to Boards,I don't own an eleaf ipower 80w but I have been checking the specs on it,here they are...

Output mode: VW/Bypass/Smart/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,TCR-M1,M2,M3) mode
    Output wattage: 1-80W
    Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
    0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass/Smart mode)
    Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉ (TC modes)

As you can see,in TC modes the resistance of the coil can go as low as 0.05,so your 0.15 will work perfectly & safe on your istick.

These horror stories you hear come from stupid people who don't know sh1t,99% of horror stories are all down to human error,they just don't know how to use batteries safely,have a look at this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHCHrSKiTFY&t=416s

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ryan91300

Thanks as I said im new to sub ohm off the cigs 8 months started with the pen battery and ce4 atomizer and I gradually moved up as far as I can see sub ohm is the way forward lots to learn though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Thanks as I said im new to sub ohm off the cigs 8 months started with the pen battery and ce4 atomizer and I gradually moved up as far as I can see sub ohm is the way forward lots to learn though

Just remember that a Nickel coil can ONLY be used in temp control vaping.

Well done in giving up those stinkies,ask as many questions as you like here & ask for recommendations on what & where to buy...

I knew about the tc mode but seeing all the videos of them exploding just wanted confirmation that it was ok ...im buying stuff from the best shop at the moment there's no good vape shops close to me

• Advertisement

It always works out cheaper to buy on-line...

I knew about the tc mode but seeing all the videos of them exploding just wanted confirmation that it was ok ...im buying stuff from the best shop at the moment there's no good vape shops close to me

Bestshop is a good retailer and don't forget the discount code Irishvape for 10% off.
    When you mention "videos of them exploding" I'm assuming your referring to the guy who posted on Facebook of the injuries he sustained? This guy was using a mechanical mod with probably a very low build in an rda and a battery that wasn't suitable or safe. Mech mods deliver a fantastic vape but their proper use needs to be researched and understood before attempting to use and by this guys own admission he knew nothing about what he was undertaking,so,it's very difficult to comprehend why he decided to post his own act of stupidity and in the process bring a lot of bad press back onto the vaping scene just when there is a glimmer of positiveness from the health organisations. Makes me question the truth behind the whole thing tbh. Tobacco companies are never far away from anything negative towards vaping. :rolleyes:

This might sound stupid but what is a mech mod and whats the difference between the ipower I have and a mech mod

This might sound stupid but what is a mech mod and whats the difference between the ipower I have and a mech mod

Not a stupid question at all, a mech mod is an unregulated device with basically a negative and positive point. The amount of power delivered to the coil you built is critical and depends on the resistance of the coil, the quality of the coil, the amount of power in your battery, the quality of your battery. A mech mod was typically a tube with a battery and an atty on top but now there are dual battery mech mods capable of delivering massive amounts of power so a good understanding of Ohms Law is essential and understanding batteries and their ratings is critical.
    The iPower is a regulated mod with an inbuilt battery, it won't fire below a certain resistance making it safer to use,however,care should always be uppermost in your mind, I'd avoid leaving any mod or battery charging overnight and always keep an eye out for damaged batteries or inbuilt batteries loosing their charge very quickly at relatively low wattage.

Thanks for all the info lads greatly appreciated this thread is gone off topic ill redirect all of my other questions at more relevant threads thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement