Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress Code Advice

• 22-01-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Quick question re: dress codes. Going for a special dinner soon and the dress code states no jeans. I had no intention of wearing jeans but would be partial to Vero Moda skinny jeggings in black with heels and a dressy top. They're not denim at all, they're fabric, but have ass pockets and a zipper, side seam, etc. Would they count as jeans??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I wouldn't wear jeggings if the invite specifically said no Jeans, too similar!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ok thanks. I'm perfectly happy to pull out a fancy dress but always live in fear of being overdressed so just wanted to be sure :) I kind of wanted to have a back up outfit that was less fancy but still formal but maybe I should just go for the dress and heels!

It's not an invite if that makes a difference, it's a restaurant policy. Men need blazers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

A top-and-skirt combo might be the compromise between the casualness of jeans (or jeggings) and the formality of a dress?

Very versatile, too: you can vary the tops with a plain skirt, for different occasions.

And legs look great in a knee-length skirt and heels ;-)

No I don't have any mid length skirts as they don't suit my shape, only minis or dresses that are knee length so dress it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

What about black peg leg or cigarette style trousers? They look great with heels and a dressy top. I live in skinny jeans so they are my go-to when I need to look a little dressier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I reckon it's way better to be overdressed than underdressed really. ANd if the lads have to wear a blazer then it's dressy enough.

I love cigarette pants but I just wouldn't get the wear out of them. I can't wear fabulous stiletto heels and they just don't work with the style of heels I can wear, buying trousers would mean buying new heels in a style I also won't get the wear out of, the dressy jeggings with lace top and cropped blazer is my best attempt at a similar style! But wearing a dress is no hardship for me, I just wanted to be clear on the dress code as I usually tend to be the overdressed eejit.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement