Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spirit Radio... Fundraising to open more locations?

• 22-01-2017 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

So I was flicking around the band earlier and came across Spirit FM (maybe it was god's plan for me to hear it at the right time - who knows?) Anyway, they were airing a promo looking for their listeners to fundraise to bring Spirit Radio to more towns and cities across Ireland. Stop me if I'm wrong but is this not already the case with their AM frequency?

Also, if they were to raise a load of dosh, surely there's still the matter of a little thing called a broadcast license to operate on FM in the areas not already covered by their FM signal? Maybe just a harmless fundraising promo, but call it what it is then, rather than portraying it to be a chance to get more tx sites...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So I was flicking around the band earlier and came across Spirit FM (maybe it was god's plan for me to hear it at the right time - who knows?) Anyway, they were airing a promo looking for their listeners to fundraise to bring Spirit Radio to more towns and cities across Ireland. Stop me if I'm wrong but is this not already the case with their AM frequency?

Also, if they were to raise a load of dosh, surely there's still the matter of a little thing called a broadcast license to operate on FM in the areas not already covered by their FM signal? Maybe just a harmless fundraising promo, but call it what it is then, rather than portraying it to be a chance to get more tx sites...

Their broadcast licence provides for far more FM outlets than they currently have. I'd be of the opinion they should have lost it for failure to actually meet the licence by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I dont know why they aren't awash with advertising income ? According to their own listenership research, they are the second highest rating radio station in the country after RTE Radio 1:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Probably trying to gear up for the propaganda push once the abortion referndum is announced.

Decades of the rosary every hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Antenna

Their website says:
    We are working hard to implement the next phase of the roll out. In the next eighteen months we want to launch FM transmission in; Sligo, Ennis, Letterkenny, Killarney, Tralee, Clonmel, Drogheda, Navan and Wexford.

Advertisement