Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science. UCC

Options
  • 22-01-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am an international student, planning to apply to UCC this year. I would like to ask the current students a few questions, if you have some time to answer them. Are you happy with the quality of the course in general ? Do you think, that the modules are well balanced(theoretical and more practical modules) ? How many hours of lab work coding do you have every weak ? Do you think that the professors on the course are approachable and ready to answer all your extra questions ? Are all students able to find a work placement during the 3d year, and is it usually paid ? Do you think that the life in Cork is better, comparing to Dublin ?
    Thank you very much, I really appreciate it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fiload

Graduate of the course here.
    I would say that the course is good overall, there are some bad lecturers and brilliant ones, like any course. You should do enough that you need to keep up with your assignments but that varies depending on how good at solving problems you are and what experience you have already, don't worry if you have none, there are no expectations of prior coding experience.
    The professors are approachable and also you can ask questions by email or during their scheduled office hours.
    Yes work is organised by the careers office and is pretty much always paid.
    I like Cork, I like Dublin too. Cork is a smaller city with a significant student population so I think it results in people making friends easier, also students generally live in a compact enough zone around the university which is different to Dublin.
    If you are thinking about doing this course then you should know that it is difficult, you will have to put in a lot of work to finish it and there will be a lot of times that you will be working late in the labs trying to figure out problems. But at the end you will be highly employable, so there is reward there. Just wondering, what country are you coming from?

Advertisement