Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagram makeup-how old is too old?

Options
  • 22-01-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Am loving the instagram makeup..full coverage, heavy eye makeup, bold lips etc. However is it just a teenage look?? How old is too old?..would it look nuts on anyone over the age of 25?!..plus a few years! (Good few years!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Probably best kept as a nighttime / going out look, it's a bit weird to see an overly done face in office lights. But don't see why age would matter, as long as the products are adjusted for skin etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My biggest issue with the "instagram look" is that everyone looks like a bad Kardashian/TOWIE/Geordie Shore clone. I think that makeup is an art and I love both watching and applying makeup but in the last while I've really pared back coz I just feel there's no originality/uniqueness in a heavily made up face. Like last night for example for every 10 girls in the club, 8 had the same just stepped out of Inglot/Mac face whether that contoured face and cut crease suited them or not. Well applied makeup that suits your face shape and skintone, makeup that's enhances your natural beauty rather than masks it will always be best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

You can do whatever you want, its your face. I hate all this ageist crap, youre never too old! Look up Baddiewinkle, she's in her 80's and rocking a crazy youthful look. If you like it then do it, life's too short to be worrying about what others think of your makeup.

Advertisement