Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing coins to noted

Options
  • 23-01-2017 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I' have 1,565 euro in coins and I'm wondering what's the process of getting it changed to notes. Do banks still do this?

Thanks js

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning job seeker, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

You can lodge coin to your account once it is fully bagged and in the correct denominations. Some of our branches offer specific times when this can be done and for more information on your branches services and times please see here.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Good Morning job seeker, 

You can lodge coin to your account once it is fully bagged and in the correct denominations. Some of our branches offer specific times when this can be done and for more information on your branches services and times please see here.

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Thanks very much Elaine for your help.

Just wondering though what exactly you mean by "fully bagged and in the correct denominations." I have it all in a supervalue bag for life..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

job seeker wrote: »
    Good Morning job seeker, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Just wondering though what exactly you mean by "fully bagged and in the correct denominations." I have it all in a supervalue bag for life..
    go to a bank, and ask for coin bags. You then need to fill them according that what's written on them (1 type of coin per bag up to a specified amount)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

McG wrote: »
    job seeker wrote: »
    Good Morning job seeker, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

go to a bank, and ask for coin bags. You then need to fill them according that what's written on them (1 type of coin per bag up to a specified amount)
    Hi job seeker, 

As Patww79 correctly posted, you would need the official plastic coin bags (as pictured above) and the coins would need to correctly separated. For example E50 in 2 Euro coins. 

Your branch maybe able to supply you with these however, we would always suggest contacting them prior to your visit to ensure they have the quantity you'll require. 

I hope this helps and thanks again, 
    Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement