Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Royal Rumble entrants *potential spoilers*

Options
  • 23-01-2017 8:00am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay so the rumble is just around the corner so who do you think will be a surprise entrant? there are some big possibilities. I'd ask that if there is anything spoilery instead of just guesses you make sure to keep it to the thread instead of the rumble pre-show thread.

I'm thinking:

Kurt Angle - biggest return pop possible and the guy is wrestling atm so could be ready to go at a moments notice.

Tye Dillinger - entering at no.10 seems like an obvious thing to do even if he does not actually get called up afterwards.

Samoa Joe - He is being talked up for a big push upon his main roster arrival and The Rumble seems like the time for that as he is done with NXT it seems.

Finn Balor - If he is healthy enough for a late number he could be a surprise entrant and outside shot to win the thing or at the least eliminate a potential mania rival like Taker.

They will probably throw in some off roster / NXT & HOF entrant too like RVD, Carlito etc too

Shelton Benjamin isn't fit yet is he? returning with Angle before hooking up with American Alpha could be awesome for him.
    Edit: apparent he himself said this month that he's months away from a return.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think we could get a James Elsworth spot in the rumble too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Think we could get a James Elsworth spot in the rumble too

His act has already ran its course for me just total overexposure. Nobody even noticed that they didn't show his shopping segment on smackdown.

ERG89 wrote: »
    His act has already ran its course for me just total overexposure. Nobody even noticed that they didn't show his shopping segment on smackdown.

very true but something like him vs Goldberg is the only type of thing I can see him being used in for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Joe for sure, and Nakamura too for Christ's sake it's about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Wouldn't be surprised if Tyler Bate made a cameo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Joe i think for sure.

Maybe some texas legend like michael hayes for nostalgia.

i dont think there will be too many surprises this year with the names already in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The year they done the 40 man royal rumble was good as they had room for loads of surprises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

That 40 man Rumble is one of the worst ever. Absolutely woeful match

it will be epic to possibly here these songs being played at the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure if you call it a surprise but I say HHH returns at number 30 and wins.

Setting himself up for a title shot at WM in a 3 way dance with Seth and Reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not sure if you call it a surprise but I say HHH returns at number 30 and wins.

Setting himself up for a title shot at WM in a 3 way dance with Seth and Reigns.

Not again seriously

That would be worse than his ubber title reigns between 02-05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I can imagine hhh not in the rumble but take out rolling ie. Jane did to cm punk a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, and Trent Seven also pulled from their weekend indie show "due to WWE commitments"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have they stated it's a 30 man Rumble this year or could they up the number to 40 again?

If it's 40 there really could be a few surprise entrants if it's 30 I wouldn't expect more than 2/3 surprises.

If it was changed to 40 again or any other number it would have been mentioned as a selling point by now surely

2/3 surprise returns is more than enough, if Kurt Angle was to return for instance would anyone talk about Shelton Benjamin or Carlito's return

Ah man if only WWE kept the whole HOF induction thing a secret and his music unexpectedly hit the arena/every wrestling party/ person watching would go ape ****

It's still going to be epic if (big if) he's returns at the rumble

How WWE could **** this up is if they announce he's making an appearance on Raw or SD this week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

30 is more than enough if they cut jobbers completely. I don't even mean Ellsworth, who'll get a pop and a funny moment. I mean the likes of R-Truth, the Shining Stars, Bo Dallas, etc. People with no chance and who people have no interest in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder if Shaq will make another appearance this year, to set up his match with Big Show.

Don't think it'll be a surprise really but after Raw
    Seth Rollins to attack someone backstage then take their spot in the rumble
    is a real possibility I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Don't think it'll be a surprise really but after Raw
    Seth Rollins to attack someone backstage then take their spot in the rumble
    is a real possibility I'd say.
    if that happens it proves how awful a face he is.

20 names so far

Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Big E, WWE United States Champion Chris Jericho, Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin, The Undertaker, The Miz, WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, RAW Tag Team Champion Cesaro, RAW Tag Team Champion Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, Luke Harper, Big Show, Sami Zayn, Big Cass, Rusev
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Several_Changes_to_the_WWE_Royal_Rumble_Card_on_Tonight_s_RAW.html#sEaLg1d8cmJMOBBe.99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is Shelton ready to go? Would be very interesting if there was a team Angle reunion at the rumble, facing off with American Alpha

i wonder if hhh will enter and seth will cost him the rumble.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is Shelton ready to go? Would be very interesting if there was a team Angle reunion at the rumble, facing off with American Alpha

I was pondering that in the OP but apparently according to himself he is still a few months off a return to the ring

I dont think kurt will make an appearance before the hall of fame and mania even then i dont think hell be wrestling.

but i thinks hes nailed on for a match at summerslam

So Zayn come out first and be the iron man this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

Ill admit I will be a small bit dissapointed if Angle doesn't show as everything is pointing towards an apperence but at least will see him soon

We all riot if there's no big surprises like Samoa Joe, Finn etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ill admit I will be a small bit dissapointed if Angle doesn't show as everything is pointing towards an apperence but at least will see him soon

We all riot if there's no big surprises like Samoa Joe, Finn etc

How is everything pointing towards an Angle Rumble appearance?

Speak for yourself there sunshine :P

Advertisement