Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Royal Rumble entrants *potential spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    How is everything pointing towards an Angle Rumble appearance?

Speak for yourself there sunshine :P

Cancelling a weekend indie appearance, publicly denying he's going to be in it

It's a very slim chance that he will appear TBH but I'd be hopeful of another match, unless he pulls a sting at the hof and announces his in ring retirement

Angle vs Rusev needs to happen or him teaming with American Alpha

So Balor is getting a WWE medical test dis week to possibly clear him for an in ring return. He could return at the rumble or on the raw after, can deff see him at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'd give Ellsworth a spot if only to recreate this moment with Goldberg

v1BblG.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Poor Nunzio. #bringbacknunzio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The spear on Ellsworth would be great

Imagine if he literally speared him out of his boots though, that'd be amazing

Or Lesnar giving him a german across the ropes

Anything that involves mad moves on Ellsworth really

• Advertisement

Any chance Tyson kidd could come back. I know his injury was horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kenny Omega on whether or not he's in it....

http://streamable.com/3p4rv

I think he should stay with new Japan. He has a great chance of becoming a world champion.

He could go over to wwe with a bigger rep if it works out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cancelling a weekend indie appearance, publicly denying he's going to be in

Isn't that indie date the same night as the hof so it's not exactly a shocking surprise he cancelled it. Also he was only meant to be on commentary for the indie event so again nothing major.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Isn't that indie date the same night as the hof so it's not exactly a shocking surprise he cancelled it. Also he was only meant to be on commentary for the indie event so again nothing major.

No that indie night is for tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Any chance Tyson kidd could come back. I know his injury was horrific.

The latter part of your post answers the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Kenny Omega on whether or not he's in it....

http://streamable.com/3p4rv

That sounds like a man who's 100% going to be in the Rumble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As awesome as it would be, I think Omega is just playing the crowds. Meltzer is saying he's got an announcement about Omega later tonight, and I'd be shocked if it's not he's staying in Japan...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

An Omega rumble appearance would be a bit of a waste. I think he's not well known enough to the casual WWE fanbase. They'd be better off bringing him in at another point and building him up properly

This is coming from someone who had never heard of him before all the buzz around that match at WK11. I'd be much happier to get an appearance from the likes of Angle, Balor, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

The Omega thing reeks of the same coverage as aj last year - i think it could be a possibility! He has a great gimmick running the terminator profile and would absolutely take on with wwe followers - and rumble is a great platform to work off - even if he doesnt win it

My surprise rumbles entrants are:
    Tyler Bate
    Samoa Joe - although it doesnt seem like a surprise at this stage
    Nakamura - with Roode interfering in someway on his entrance to continue with their fued going forward
    Finn to return
    Kurt to be back.... would be epic
    and finally Omega

The think i dislike about the rumble is when you get to 24-25 entrant and you can count the last 5-6 guys from the guys that have already been announced so you know there is no more surprises....
    The fact we have 20 only announced so far - does give a bit more room for surprises

WWE can go so many ways this year - im sure they will mess it up - but i hope they dont!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i dont think omega leaves Japan until after he becomes champ for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I really don't think there'll be one or two surprises, if any. Can you have so many big names turn up as a surprise. Could you have Balor and Nakamura AND Joe AND Omega etc etc.

I feel if Omega comes in he'd have to be hyped. There's a comparison to AJ yeah but I think the fact the average american joe soap knows f all about Omega like they would have AJ when he came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I know that omega would need to be hyped.... but the crowd that will be at the rumble will be educated and not just made up of kids.... that will help with his push and reaction.....

Sure they could build him... but how many times have WWE pre promoted stars and it's fallen flat....

This is all just speculation at this stage and prob won't happen at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Didn't Vince have a major problem with Angle's insurance issue due to all the broken necks?

I'm amazed nobody's mentioned HBK, it's in his hometown! Whether he's in the match or not I'd be shocked if he doesn't show up at some point.

Personally I vote late entry, mega pop, eliminate / sweet chin someone then get tossed somewhat controversially.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I'm amazed nobody's mentioned HBK, it's in his hometown! Whether he's in the match or not I'd be shocked if he doesn't show up at some point.

Personally I vote late entry, mega pop, eliminate / sweet chin someone then get tossed somewhat controversially.

He's on the preshow panel, is retired and has no interest in ever wrestling again.

• Advertisement

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/breaking-news-kenny-omega-continue-career-njpw

No omega maybe he will join in time for the 2018 Royal Rumble ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Loughc wrote: »
    He's on the preshow panel, is retired and has no interest in ever wrestling again.

He's been retired for years and he's still managed to pop in with the old sweet chin music about 10 times since. I'm not suggesting a return. Hometown rumble... seems like a model for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/breaking-news-kenny-omega-continue-career-njpw

No omega maybe he will join in time for the 2018 Royal Rumble ?

He's made the right choice is staying put. Especially seeing as New Japan Pro Wrestling has plans of expanding into the United States in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would love one or both Hardy boyz in it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

While not a surprise I hope a face Big Show is no. 30 I remember him being that spot a couple of times & I always got a laugh out of it in hindsight. Could be anyone but nope it's not a surprise just the status quo of wwe.
    Holding out for a Samoa Joe who doesn't need to wear a t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Pete Dunne and Trent Seven definitely won't be in the Rumble tomorrow, both are booked on a London show that day.

Apparently, Tyler Bate is still available so I think there's a chance we'll see him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Surprise return just as the Rumble starts Jim Ross to call it.

It will never happen but listening to Ross call previous ones over the last few days makes me dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will any of the guys that lose in the title fights do double duty tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I'd imagine Big Damo/Killian will make an appearance just cause of his size, big men often feature in WWE battle royal/Rumbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Kind of seems to be a new tradition to sneak someone onto the production bus during the day then bring them out minutes before their rumble spot (Aj, Buh Buh)

Here's hoping WWE keep doing that. Question is who tonight tho.

Advertisement