Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router stopped broadcasting

Options
  • 23-01-2017 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

The 2.4 ghz band on my wireless router (f2000) isn't working correctly. It's range is about 4 meters and that only gives the lowest strength signal. A number of devices in my home can only use 2.4 ghz so I can no longer connect them to the wifi. This is the second router this has happened on. The first one did the same a few weeks after I got it, except on that occasion it didn't broadcast at all. Is this a known issue? Are they just bad routers with faulty antennae?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

The 2.4 ghz band on my wireless router (f2000) isn't working correctly. It's range is about 4 meters and that only gives the lowest strength signal. A number of devices in my home can only use 2.4 ghz so I can no longer connect them to the wifi. This is the second router this has happened on. The first one did the same a few weeks after I got it, except on that occasion it didn't broadcast at all. Is this a known issue? Are they just bad routers with faulty antennae?
    Hi  Little CuChulainn,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your modem. 

I would recommend contacting the technical team for the best support on this. You can contact them on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2. 

Thanks,
    Pamela

Advertisement