Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm going off

Options
  • 23-01-2017 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Having a problem with the alarm. Every so often the panel starts beeping as if someone has opened the front door. If I dont get to the panel in time to put in the code the alarm goes off and says zone 1 contact. Zone 1 is listed as front door only.

My father replaced the sensor and magnet on the door at home as he had spares for his alarm. He said there's a chance the spare sensor may have been one that was giving him trouble.

Should I swap the sensor for one somewhere else in the house and see if that helps?

I could bypass the front door when putting the alarm on while in the house. It is a multi point locking system door but don't really want to have an alarm that is half on.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Faulty sensor on zone 1. Probably best to get a pro to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Has your dad anymore spares? I mean ones that are not faulty, that sounds like the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Alarm has given trouble since the sensor was replaced last Wednesday but has now gone off twice this morning!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It being Astec is there any other devices on that zone?
    The only proper way to diagnose this is to test the continuity of the entire loop.
    Could be another faulty device on that zone, could be a wiring problem or a damaged cable.

Zone 1 is the front door only. I took of the sensor and tightened the three screws inside. Will have to wait and see if it goes off again as it can be grand for days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any resistance issue on the loop will cause entry exit timer to start. This can happen on any zone as it's the lowest level of resistance an activation can occur at.
    Let the timer run down every time to confirm it is always zone one the the fault is coming from.

Thanks. Every time the timer runs down and the alarm goes off it says contact zone 1

Advertisement