Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel bank draft

Options
  • 23-01-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

I bought a bank draft to pay for an item I am no longer purchasing.  Is it possible to cancel the bank draft?  If so, how long will it take for the funds to be returned to me?  Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi paulers06, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

You can cancel a bank draft in branch, if you still have the draft just bring this with you on the day. Alternatively, you can bring the receipt issued when you collected the draft. Please ensure to bring photo ID with you on the day to avoid disappointment. Once the draft is cancelled it can take up to 5 working days for the funds to appear on your account.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine  

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Hi paulers06, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

You can cancel a bank draft in branch, if you still have the draft just bring this with you on the day. Alternatively, you can bring the receipt issued when you collected the draft. Please ensure to bring photo ID with you on the day to avoid disappointment. Once the draft is cancelled it can take up to 5 working days for the funds to appear on your account.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine  
    Thank you Elaine.  I returned the draft to the branch where it was issued and they cancelled it.  I can see that the funds are in my account but they are not marked as "available".  Will it be up to 5 days before the funds are available for use?

Thanks
    Paula

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks for coming back to us Paula, 

It can take up to 5 working days to clear and once the funds are available this will show online immediately. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement