Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla 40w

Options
  • 23-01-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these?

http://www.teslacigs.com/design/stealth40w.html

I'm going to pick one up. They look cool. Love the form factor. Yes it only goes to 40w and it's only a 1300mah battery, but I'm a MTL vaper and rarely go over 10-12 watts, so suits me. Not bothered that it can do temperature control as I'm a kanthal man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

TinCool wrote: »
    Anyone got one of these?

http://www.teslacigs.com/design/stealth40w.html

I'm going to pick one up. They look cool. Love the form factor. Yes it only goes to 40w and it's only a 1300mah battery, but I'm a MTL vaper and rarely go over 10-12 watts, so suits me. Not bothered that it can do temperature control as I'm a kanthal man.

These are called side by side mods,heard great reports on it,I don't own one but I do have 2 side by side mods which I use daily & they work great...

You have just reminded me,I have 2 side by side mechanical mods which I stashed away for good,I must bring them out again as there are better atty's around these days to suit mechanical's...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

These are called side by side mods,heard great reports on it,I don't own one but I do have 2 side by side mods which I use daily & they work great...

You have just reminded me,I have 2 side by side mechanical mods which I stashed away for good,I must bring them out again as there are better atty's around these days to suit mechanical's...

Yeah they cool all right. I'm all for the small form factor mods. Think I'll pick up a couple of them. Got a few interesting mechnicals myself that I haven't used in a couple of years. They never really sat comfortably with me with a potential ticking time bomb in front of my face. fair enough, I've always stayed in the 1ohm territory but that doesn't cover you for potential shorts. Some mechanicals do look fantastic but essentially is just a tube or variant thereof to stick a battery in.

Just ordered one of these. Scheduled delivery for tomorrow.

Received mine yesterday and I must say I'm quite impressed. Really good build quality, feels nice and weighty but not overly so. The trigger button is also really rather nice. It has temp control but I'm using it in power (or mechanical mode) for my kanthal coils.

The only downside is that my kayfun mini v3 is a little lost in it. So I've gone and ordered a kayfun v5 clone from here :-https://www.provapes.co.uk/products/kayfun-v5

and the airflow reducer set from here :-https://www.cremedevape.com/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/SM-105

so I can get a good MTL set up.

Received delivery of my SXK Kayfun V5 clone. I must say it is top notch. Extremely well machined. All the threads are super smooth. At the most closed airflow setting, it's an airy MTL, but comfortably so. I'll need to give it a real good clean though as there's a lost of remnants of machine oil from it. It looks great in the Tesla 40W though.

I'm not convinced (yet) that it's giving as good a vape as the Mini V3, but I'll need to wait to give it a good clean and allow the coil to bed in. The actual deck is real nice. I particularly like that there's a lip on each side of the screws for securing the coil ends. It makes building on it a piece of pi$$.

I didn't use the airflow restrictors from creme de vape as they don't fit the SXK. Ah well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement