Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural WiFi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

ED E wrote: »
    No you're not.

Apologies. You are correct. It actually wavers between 3G & 4G. Sorry for the confusion.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    So.... It's a TP-Link AC 750 Wireless Dual Band 4g LTE Router. I positioned it on a window sill in a middle bedroom (I live in a bungalow), and, as I said, it works a treat. Let me know how you fare.

Thanks a million for taking the time to do this - I'll let you know if I take the plunge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone running a games console off the router? Saw one post on Amazon that they couldn’t connect their consoles to it. Is this a thing with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Anyone running a games console off the router? Saw one post on Amazon that they couldn’t connect their consoles to it. Is this a thing with them?

Ive been running an Xbox for years off of a Huawei 593 and Eir connection no probs. Three works fine too but not as consistent or reliable but it does work fine. Open the correct ports after assigning the console a static ip, or put the console ip on the router dmz for best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

They use XBox & Play Stations here - satisfactorily

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement

know this is an oldish thread, but has as anyone tried using an eir sim with this setup?
    3's coverage is brutal where I am but, with eir I can get good 4g coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sure. Pop your Eir sim in a 4g unlocked router (or eir router) and it should be a ok

Advertisement