Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Irish constabulary Enfield carbine

Options
  • 23-01-2017 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

An interesting video by the Forgotten weapons channel on youtube, on the RIC Enfield carbine.

https://youtu.be/UrkUtVbV45Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

I enjoy that channel, some really interesting artefacts and their historical context.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Brilliant channel alright, as well it's sister channel InRange. Have never even held a rifle myself but really enjoy the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Brilliant channel alright, as well it's sister channel InRange. Have never even held a rifle myself but really enjoy the videos.

:O

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    :O

tac

?

Just me expressing my amazement that a poster with almost 13,000 posts writes on a shooting forum that he/she has never ever held a rifle - nothing personal.

tac

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »
    Just me expressing my amazement that a poster with almost 13,000 posts writes on a shooting forum that he/she has never ever held a rifle - nothing personal.

tac

Just saying I really like the channel(s) despite not really having any involvement in shooting.

Ah, gotcha. :)

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Have never even held a rifle myself...

Try and get out to a range some time. You'll find shooting to be great fun and the community very welcoming, generally speaking... :rolleyes:

Many clubs have days for newcomers and the Harbour House Sports Club in Kildare has days specially set aside for "Women on Target."

Some of us cycle too. Although, I must admit I have to get back on the Dura-Ace equipped carbon Trek one of these days! ;)

I just checked with our club membership secretary, and found that 25% of our club membership of 420 are female, aged from eight up to, ahem, slightly over seventy, or so.

I use a bicycle to go to the village store - it's just over a mile each way, and back up a 3/4-mile-long hill. Does that count?

tac

Advertisement