Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE sensing, Shannon

• 23-01-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Was wondering dose anyone know much about this factory
    Have an interview
    What is the wages like and perks if any
    Are the OK to work for
    Thanks very much people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

GE Sensing Shannon?

If so I suggest you request this post be moved to the Clare in the MIDWEST region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

Decent company to work for apparently, I know someone who works there and is happy enough. They look for 3rd level qualification even for GO type jobs and the money is OK. I think they're in Smithstown rather than the main estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joelim7

Im going to interview here this week.

Interview is split in two
    • Competency Based Questions (30 Minutes)
    • Practical Test (30 minutes).
    Anyone know what the practical involves?

Also looked at GE site its pretty big anyone ken on what is done at this plant.

thanks

• Advertisement

joelim7 wrote: »

If a little inaccurate :)

Deagol wrote: »
    If a little inaccurate :)

aye dont know about Kompass bit...

200-250 people
    check out the activities

joelim7 wrote: »
    aye dont know about Kompass bit...

200-250 people
    check out the activities

As I said, a bit inaccurate. They do not make meteorological equipment for one. They do not make testing equipment for the mechanical industry either. And a couple of items they mention are obsolete and no longer produced there... But, I guess it's close enough to give an idea

:cool:

Yes took list of activities to interview.
    A lot of points were spot on as an overview of what they do. The Ge site was too verbose.

Vital to have some idea of products your future prospective employer wallops together. The size of company numbers wise.

The interview was relaxed there was good vibe not the horrible regimented vibe you get in say big places like XXXX{high turn-over} or some stuffy smaller stick up bottom places.

Wasnt asked technical questions but more behavioural situation q's based on experience.
    For example - Discuss a dfiffcult situation or person you had to deal with and how did you resolve matter.

I was overdoing it days n night before learning all the q's technical stuff theory that you probably never use anyway.......excuse typos man

• Advertisement

I'm the difficult person they talk of ;):D

Advertisement