Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear wheel for turbo

Options
  • 23-01-2017 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Looking for a rear wheel (and I'll need cassette) just for use on turbo trainer. Anyone come across any offers lately?? It seems I was under an illusion that I'd pick this up no problem for a few quid :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

There must be a loads of people with spare wheels lying around that have worn out brake tracks.

What drivetrain compatibility do you need?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

If it's a 10 speed wheel, you'll probably get something cheap enough on adverts/donedeal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

That's what I would have thought Lumen but apparently not that I can find. I checked three LBS over the weekend who would also do trade-ins and carry out repairs but to no avail. Have also been keeping eye out on couple Facebook pages.

Don't be going too complex on me now with the lingo!! I'm a very amateur leisure cyclist and even more amateur when it comes to the mechanics!!:o I can pick up a 9-speed cassette on Wiggle for €15 (SRAM PG950 11-32) so that's grand. I have a Giant bike still with original wheelset - S-Elite C. Tyres 700 x 25 mm.

Just to be sure - I just need the wheel and cassette? I'm good for tube, tyre and skewer. Anything else I need to add to the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

This is a pair for 50 could slel the front on for 15-20 probably

http://www.adverts.ie/bike-wheels/700c-wheels-tiagra-hubs/12166568

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Foxmoves

I have an old rear wheel with cassette, tyre etc if you want it free.
    12 25 cassette. Not many miles on the cassettte.

Think it just needs a new tube as won't stay up but not using it any more so haven't looked at it.

Wouldn't be the greatest wheel in the world as I was only using for a turbo too.

Dublin.

PM me if Any interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement