Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted text from Still House Bar.

• 23-01-2017 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Why is the Still House Bar sending me unwanted texts advertising their gigs? Anyone else getting them? I've never even been in there. How would they have got my number?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Call them and ask them. Tell them to remove you from their list and if you get another one, you'll report them to Comreg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I get random texts from Sean Hennessy Electrical. Never been to them and not even sure where in Limerick they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

If the short code provider is following all of the rules, opting out of a text messaging campaign should be pretty simple. All you have to do is reply to text message spam with either QUIT or UNSUBSCRIBE

otherwise ring your provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Their text doesn't have a reply option so I can't block them. I'll see if they text me again, then I'll report them to Comreg. Might be just an isolated thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Wifi on your phone possible connected to their hot spot at some stage when maybe you were passing by their premises. Or somebody else signed up your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

tippman1 wrote: »
    Why is the Still House Bar sending me unwanted texts advertising their gigs? Anyone else getting them? I've never even been in there. How would they have got my number?

Got the same myself today, think I was only ever in there once in my life, donkeys years ago, only thing I can think of is if they've changed ownership or management and/or if there is a connection to Russell's in Raheen who would have my contact details, I'm in there regularly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Sign all of them up to each other and see which system blows up first....

Got the same myself today, think I was only ever in there once in my life, donkeys years ago, only thing I can think of is if they've changed ownership or management and/or if there is a connection to Russell's in Raheen who would have my contact details, I'm in there regularly enough

I'm also in Russell's regularly so that might be the answer.
    They also have my contact details. Can't say I like the idea of having my no. used for this sort of pushy promotion though.

They shouldn't be giving out people's details without their permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Unwanted text from The Still House...... There's no such thing. Pints are magical

Iang87 wrote: »
    Unwanted text from The Still House...... There's no such thing. Pints are magical

If they want to send me a few unsolicited pints now....fair enough - I have no gripe with that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

tippman1 wrote: »
    I'm also in Russell's regularly so that might be the answer.
    They also have my contact details. Can't say I like the idea of having my no. used for this sort of pushy promotion though.

They shouldn't be giving out people's details without their permission.

Russell have something to do with Still alright, part own maybe?..

Advertisement