Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar alarms

Options
  • 23-01-2017 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Renovating my new house and I'm wondering are burglar alarms worth it? Installation costs and monthly costs for something monitored.
    I have only had one once before and it seem like a lot of hassle.

Insurance wise is it easy enough to get a quote without one,will there be much of a discount for having one (whether monitored or not)?

Security wise does it make much difference? Do they put criminals off by not being the lowest hanging fruit or does the alarm going off just get ignored?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

psinno wrote: »
    Renovating my new house and I'm wondering are burglar alarms worth it? Installation costs and monthly costs for something monitored.
    I have only had one once before and it seem like a lot of hassle.

Insurance wise is it easy enough to get a quote without one,will there be much of a discount for having one (whether monitored or not)?

Security wise does it make much difference? Do they put criminals off by not being the lowest hanging fruit or does the alarm going off just get ignored?

Yes get one but go for a self monitoring one where it texts you of activation. Look up security and home alarms there a poster koolkid will give you great advice.

Advertisement