Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractors setting up Limited Companies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

stevek23 wrote: »
    Contractors in Ireland are required to set up under a Limited Company for their Contracting role.

They set up their own Limited Company and carry out their role and a lot of the time just close down the Company then.

Would contractors benefit with marketing techniques such as branding and creating their own website etc. to identify themselves to their Niche market?

I have a business idea to help contractors when they set up their Company to identify their target clients and how to broadcast and brand themselves in a way that can lead to a long term succession in Contracting

Cool, lets hear it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Or is it merely a limited company to process their payments and the company is irrelevant to later roles?

Bingo.

Most contractors are really just employees availing of a lower effective rate of tax. I'm surprised the Rev Comm have let it go on for so long but if they cracked down on it, it would have a big effect on IT/Tech industry...and we can't be having that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Contractors in Ireland are required to set up under a Limited Company for their Contracting role.

They set up their own Limited Company and carry out their role and a lot of the time just close down the Company then.

Would contractors benefit with marketing techniques such as branding and creating their own website etc. to identify themselves to their Niche market?

I have a business idea to help contractors when they set up their Company to identify their target clients and how to broadcast and brand themselves in a way that can lead to a long term succession in Contracting

That post says it all really. You don't understand the concept, so what can you bring to the party? Many of the contractors I know, and all of those who do short-term consultancy projects would eat for breakfast those who made a suggestion like the foregoing.

Advertisement