Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP and cycle racing.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

sullzz wrote: »
    Flat with 1 small drag each lap , fast finishing on a wide road off course .
    It will have huge numbers this weekend and could make for a messy race .

Well the ras mumhain might take away some of the crowd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Seadin wrote: »

Ras mumhain wont have any influence on the A4 numbers , there are no other A4 races in the country this weekend .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Has it been busy previous years or has the Ras Mumham/Easter Sunday combo kept numbers reasonable ?

And again it is difficult to find info on the 2017 race. Course yes but where are start times. If you were going by the CI calendar you'd be turning up for every race at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

there are no other A4 races in the country this weekend .

which in itself is ridiculous... one club in Mayo has cancelled 7 races so CI should get their finger out in regards the calendar. Ulster Cycling nearly have a race on every Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Anyone have any knowledge with Ras an Laois next weekend? Haven't done it before. Is it flat draggy or hilly? Might try give it a go.

Raced it the past 2yrs flat course narrow enough roads on the 2nd half of the circuit slight ramp to the finish generally passes off without incident crash at the back of the sprint last year but that was just somebody sprinting for 20th I'd expect around a 100 in the A4 race

• Advertisement

Has it been busy previous years or has the Ras Mumham/Easter Sunday combo kept numbers reasonable ?

And again it is difficult to find info on the 2017 race. Course yes but where are start times. If you were going by the CI calendar you'd be turning up for every race at 9am.

Yes the CI calendar is a joke .
    Sign on is from 11 in Rathdowney GAA with races starting at 1 .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

This is where you learn to find to find the host club on Facebook and take your information from there. CI site is not always fully up to date with correct details. Times or sign on and race starts are generally posted on Facebook.

Re numbers Gorey and Ras Mumhan have no bearing on A4 numbers. Will have slight impact on A3 but not substantially​ so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

Yes the CI calendar is a joke .
    Sign on is from 11 in Rathdowney GAA with races starting at 1 .

from FB:

The start venue for Ras An Laois has now been changed from GAA center due to Maintenance works being carried out there. Sign on now is at St Fergals College Rathdowney which is located about 500m from start of Race on the R433 Sign on from 10 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

CI site is not always fully up to date with correct details. .

Why isn't it? What exactly is it that CI do with the 120 euro that I give them for a license? (eg they don't seem to have any interest in promoting racing in Connacht.) You would think that one of the basic functions of their web admin person would be to keep the event calendar accurate and up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

This is where you learn to find to find the host club on Facebook and take your information from there. CI site is not always fully up to date with correct details. Times or sign on and race starts are generally posted on Facebook.

I actually always do this but as of yesterday in this case FB was only turning old info). Challenge you or anybody else to go to the ossorycc/ Ras an Laois FB page and produce a link to accurate information. And if you do will happily eat humble pie :D

• Advertisement

I actually always do this but as of yesterday in this case FB was only turning old info). Challenge you or anybody else to go to the ossorycc/ Ras an Laois FB page and produce a link to accurate information. And if you do will happily eat humble pie :D
    Found this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I actually always do this but as of yesterday in this case FB was only turning old info). Challenge you or anybody else to go to the ossorycc/ Ras an Laois FB page and produce a link to accurate information. And if you do will happily eat humble pie

Ossory Cycling Club has all the details. Enjoy that humble pieðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I feel crawling the net to find race info is a sport in it's self. A really frustrating meta game.

Re numbers Gorey and Ras Mumhan have no bearing on A4 numbers. Will have slight impact on A3 but not substantially​ so.

I think there is only 8 A3s doing ras mumhain from what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone do Ras an Laois today?

Anyone ever do the Barrow GP? Looking like I'm going to pass on Clonmel 3 Stage GP.

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone do Ras an Laois today?

Anyone ever do the Barrow GP? Looking like I'm going to pass on Clonmel 3 Stage GP.

Did Laois today , safe enough race except for 1 crash that i saw within the last few kms.
    Unfortunately i couldnt manage to place but finished in the sprint .

I did the clonmel 3 stage last year and it was an excellent day . They changed the format this year which i think will make it a better race . Last year it was the hill tt , then the rolling stage finishing with the mountain top finish .

Did Laois today , safe enough race except for 1 crash that i saw within the last few kms.
    Unfortunately i couldnt manage to place but finished in the sprint .

I did the clonmel 3 stage last year and it was an excellent day . They changed the format this year which i think will make it a better race . Last year it was the hill tt , then the rolling stage finishing with the mountain top finish .

Fancied myself to do well in Laois bit had no way of getting there. Good to hear all went off well at least.

Yeah format has changed,.Tickincor TT is last one. Very challenging race for a hefty lad like myself so likely to miss it even though I'm a local.

Fancied myself to do well in Laois bit had no way of getting there. Good to hear all went off well at least.

Yeah format has changed,.Tickincor TT is last one. Very challenging race for a hefty lad like myself so likely to miss it even though I'm a local.
    Got in for the sprint but just placed outside the top 10.

@dahat, that you in the medals in Horse and Jockey last evening? No worries about your FTP if it was...

nilhg wrote: »
    @dahat, that you in the medals in Horse and Jockey last evening? No worries about your FTP if it was...

Yeah that was me...Flat n fast, easy get figures that way but still good fun.

• Advertisement

Yeah that was me...Flat n fast, easy but figures that way.

I'm happy someone found it easy......

I was your 2 minute man, you made a fair stab at picking me up.

I only copped the Slievenamon connection when I got home and put 2+2 together, if you're there next week I'll say hello.

nilhg wrote: »
    I'm happy someone found it easy......

I was your 2 minute man, you made a fair stab at picking me up.

I only copped the Slievenamon connection when I got home and put 2+2 together, if you're there next week I'll say hello.

I was looking up the road to see was there another one to pick up but couldn't see anyone else.
    If it's fine I'll be there alright.

Noel O Neill Trophy on May 13th being run by Orwell Wheelers is pre-entry i see.

Anyone connected know what number the A4 is limited too? Tempted by this but wont be able to commit till early next week and likely to be be fully subscribed at that point id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

dahat wrote:
    Noel O Neill Trophy on May 13th being run by Orwell Wheelers is pre-entry i see.

Didn't see that it was a pre entry on their site, where did you see it?

Didn't see that it was a pre entry on their site, where did you see it?

It was on a Facebook post from i read, limited numbers was stated.http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/road-racing-set-to-return-to-the-phoenix-park-in-dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

dahat wrote:
    It was on a Facebook post from i read, limited numbers was stated.

Can't see it on Facebook if you have a link would be post it to me hate to miss out on it

Can't see it on Facebook if you have a link would be post it to me hate to miss out on it

Link in my post above.

Id be certain i'll miss out which is a pity as i'd love to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

More details on the Noel O'Neill Trophy on it's own Forum thread: Noel O'Neill Trophy 2017 - 13th May.

It's not on this Saturday, as was in the CI Handbook.

Anyone off to Wexford, Frank O Rourke race?

Prerty pissed as weather forecast looks savage poor ATM as had this in mind for a while due to commitments around weekends before and after this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Nope, Kanturk 3 day for me. Wexford's weather looks delightful in comparison.

https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=kanturk

Advertisement