Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP and cycle racing.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Traders Cup in Dundalk, this was suggested in here previously.
    Anyone raced it before? Is it a "safe" A4?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

dahat wrote: »
    Traders Cup in Dundalk, this was suggested in here previously.
    Anyone raced it before? Is it a "safe" A4?

Raced it last year, never saw so many crashes in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

RobFowl wrote: »

Is it usually one of the first races of the season ?

sullzz wrote: »
    Is it usually one of the first races of the season ?

Down for September 3rd on the CI calender.

Down for September 3rd on the CI calender.

Yeah , i think it mightve been postponed from earlier in the season .

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »

Oh, not safe then!

Yeah , i think it mightve been postponed from earlier in the season .

Legs remain in good nick so i'm tempted but it's a long ass spin and with a wife who i think has enough of the racing season at this stage i'm not totally committed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Legs remain in good nick so i'm tempted but it's a long ass spin and with a wife who i think has enough of the racing season at this stage i'm not totally committed yet.

There was carnage in it last year but was 1 of the 1st races of the year if I remember so may have been a factor

There was carnage in it last year but was 1 of the 1st races of the year if I remember so may have been a factor

One day license will be a factor at year end as well, crashes is one thing but carnage is another, think I'll pass.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Got it all back in order for day two. Gave a few runs off the front but not much interest in breaks as there was a very strong bunch of 10 or 15 who neutralised everything even though they could have easily broke on their own. A Lucan rider went up the road just before half way and the bunch slowed going round a bend so when the road straightened I jumped. Hard slog to catch and was chasing for a few km before I did. We held out for another 11km but two lads tried chasing after me apparently and the bunch went for them so they brought us back right before the few bad right hand turns. Bunch were well mannered and everyone slowed at the two mental right hand turns. Great day of riders working through the bunch. I made my last attempt after the ferrycarrig but I built up so much speed that I needed to take the turn wide. One Marshal was standing out around the corner so when I seen him and tried to correct, I bottled it and the wheels went from under me. Got up and finished it at least. No way a bunch should still be together on a course like that though.

If anything I felt like I would be pinged as the worst rider. Had a few moments of the group suddenly halting and twice I switched out, nearly took a Clonard rider out (sorry). People on brakes going uphill should be slapped with a wet fish.

I had to laugh (once I seen you were OK), I was the tiernans rider chatting to your clubmates after stage 1.

Had to laugh at the New bridge rider chucking his bottle in the last few km. Wanted to pass comment to him about being an A4 but never got the chance.
    Myself and a couple of others got the bunch rolling after you yesterday I knew you were all strong and if you got the chance you would have stayed away so knew we had to get something going we were never really balls out after you could always see you up the road which always helps a chase I suppose good enough racing in bad conditions if it was dry would have been epic

• Advertisement

One day license will be a factor at year end as well, crashes is one thing but carnage is another, think I'll pass.

Is there 1 day licenses at this time of year?thats crazy

I got the same response from the 1st lady yesterday after Wexford "So is that it for this year?"or really what she ment that's it for this year!!you know what she is right the voice of reason I guess quit while the going is good!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Myself and a couple of others got the bunch rolling after you yesterday I knew you were all strong and if you got the chance you would have stayed away so knew we had to get something going we were never really balls out after you could always see you up the road which always helps a chase I suppose good enough racing in bad conditions if it was dry would have been epic

Nothing like the taste of salt and road grit to make you truly appreciate road racing.

With my season ending after SERC GP on Sunday i am quite a bit sad tbh as i'll miss the training & racing but thoughts are wandering towards rest period and starting of winter plans.

This year is my first racing season so how do others react to season end and the drop off in intensity? Is there a need for a total rest?

With my season ending after SERC GP on Sunday i am quite a bit sad tbh as i'll miss the training & racing but thoughts are wandering towards rest period and starting of winter plans.

This year is my first racing season so how do others react to season end and the drop off in intensity? Is there a need for a total rest?
    My season ends on Sunday at the SERC GP too , see you there 😀. Ill take a week off completley then start back commuting and begin winter plan around end of October .

My season ends on Sunday at the SERC GP too , see you there ��. Ill take a week off completley then start back commuting and begin winter plan around end of October .

Ah, stay away from it, awful course i heard :pac::pac:

I commute although a short distance all the time but i'm hesitant to take much time off due to weight issues but i'll have to find a happy medium somewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Meant to head to SERC GP but the road rash is slow to heal. What sort of a course is it. The route looks like an out and back along the same stretch a fwe times?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Meant to head to SERC GP but the road rash is slow to heal. What sort of a course is it. The route looks like an out and back along the same stretch a fwe times?

Dont know too much about it to be honest , i remember a few from the club did it last year and said it was a hard enough race , its 4 and a half laps , i think 85km . An out and back course , the profile looks like its pretty rolling .

Looks like i'll have a Boards lead out train!!!!

Looks like i'll have a Boards lead out train!!!!

LOL , i wont lie , I honestly plan on sitting on your wheel .

• Advertisement

Would have worked wonders for you last week in Shannon, delivered a bunch of lads into a headwind from 500 out, caught rotten out in the wind, died pretty quick when i opened up at 300m.

I plan on going long Sunday, at least 5km out :D

Would have worked wonders for you last week in Shannon, delivered a bunch of lads into a headwind from 500 out, caught rotten out in the wind, died pretty quick when i opened up at 300m.

I plan on going long Sunday, at least 5km out :D

There is a serious dig to the finish of this race if it's the same track as last year not easy at all

There is a serious dig to the finish of this race if it's the same track as last year not easy at all

Serious is dead right... underestimated it if I'm being honest.

Not a Caffeine gel to be got in Clonmel today, too late for postal delivery,no caffeine for Sunday.

Did ya get placed in the end?

I'm in ribbons here,did far too much and paid the price.

Did ya get placed in the end?

I'm in ribbons here,did far too much and paid the price.

6th , thought i nabbed 5th .

Im going to say it ...... that was a hard race hahaha

Actually seen a comment or two saying that, unreal. The Dizzy GP that should be called!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Kilmallock was a good race last Sunday. Have done it 2 years now. Safe and hilly circuit but falling just short of a pure climbers race I reckon.

No break stuck in the A4 but each time on the hill a number were shelled and 30 (out of about 60 starters) fought it out at the line

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

dahat wrote:
    Traders Cup in Dundalk, this was suggested in here previously. Anyone raced it before? Is it a "safe" A4?

Anyone know the route for this year's race

• Advertisement

So this Lucan GP....i just can't leave things alone ;)

Advertisement