Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Dacias!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Second Dacia purchased today! After the Stepway for the OH, I put a deposit down on a Duster. Hopefully will collect on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

antodeco wrote: »
    Second Dacia purchased today! After the Stepway for the OH, I put a deposit down on a Duster. Hopefully will collect on Tuesday

Let me know what you think of it. The cars in the front of both our driveways could be the exact same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

It seems that all the rust issues affected only the Dusters, and if them, it was only the ones made in India (early 14 and previous) and only a small percentage. As with all stuff like this,we'll hear of the rusty ones and not the non-rusty ones!

Do all Mazda 6s still rust?

Probably but I've never seen one rust as quick as those dusters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Im looking for my next car .

I want an estate , I do very small millage daily but do have to go over to UK maybe twice a year , I have 3 kids and dogs and I do a lot of cycling and want something to carry bikes in car .

I want a fairly new car to last me 5/7 years and I keep coming back to the Logan .

Everything seems to be DSL , and anything els is high mileage.

All my family wind me up, they all have Audi,s/vw , telling me they are a load of rubbish .

I took a DSL stepway out on test drive and it felt a lot better than petrol . I only drive mile and bit each way to work .

I only drive mile and bit each way to work .

Personally, a diesel for that journey will end up costing you more! The Logan, which is basically the duster, from what I've read, is a fairly solid car engine wise. The fear of rust issues should be gone, and Dacia now give 5 years corrosion warranty on the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Personally, a diesel for that journey will end up costing you more! The Logan, which is basically the duster, from what I've read, is a fairly solid car engine wise. The fear of rust issues should be gone, and Dacia now give 5 years corrosion warranty on the cars.

Yes exactly , that's why I want a petrol . my car at present has about a year left in it and its to much of a risk taking over to UK .
    We have a 2009 grand Picasso but at weekends we do a lot of driving so this car could take some of the work load .

A lot of people will still be going on about rust in 50 years time , same as the Renaults from 2000s .

Collected the Duster today! All happy so far! Already looking at a few upgrades! Changed some bulbs to LEDs, and re ran some cables for cameras, etc. Only problem is that I cannot get anything to stick to the window. Any recommendations on best "glue" to use? The 3M tape was useless.

Advertisement