Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two mcbs per circuit

Options
  • 23-01-2017 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Just took an interest in the fuseboard and noticed a few oddities. I noticed some circuits have two mcbs ie. both have to be pulled down to turn off a circuit
    The bungalow had the attic converted at some stage and maybe then extra mcbs were put in .small country 3 bed bungalow has 21 mcbs and an rcb, house is about 20 years old

Also ,
    the earth wire in the meter box is not connected to anything i.e.floating in mid air.

is this dangerous ?
    Any idea of cost to get house tested / tidied up at fuse board.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You need a periodic inspection and test of the property URGENTLY. Judging by what you have said it is in a dangerous condition and should not be left in service in this state.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Sounds like you need a sparks to give the place a good once over. Sooner rather than later. Potentially some very dangerous hazards there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Agree with both of the above replies.
    Employ the services of a Registered Electrical Contractor ASAP.

@Robbie71, PM me with once this issue has been resolved and I will unlock the thread.
    I would be interested to hear how you get on.
    Best of luck with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement