Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely healthy homemade curry sauce! - Easy

Options
  • 23-01-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Jaysus, this thread/forum has been dead for ages.

Has it been moved? Where is everybody, I've been searching for a food segment in boards and couldn't find any.

Anyway, wanted to share this really easy handy curry sauce recipe... Perfectly paired with fried chicken, boiled rice turned into egg fried rice, and homemade chips - save yourself a tenner, have yourself a healthy, no sick feeling homemade Chinese :D

You don't even really need cream.

Literally only:
    Chicken stock
    Finely chopped onion
    Curry powder
    Chilli powder (optional)
    Worcestershire sauce (optional but good!)
    Salt n Pepper!

1. Grease/oil your pan/pot and turn to medium heat
    2. Add the onions and sauté until soft
    3. Add the curry powder (1 tbsp or 2)
    4. Add the chicken stock
    5. Add whatever extra spices
    6. Bring to boil
    7. Simmer
    8. Mix some cornflour in a cup with water and add to sauce to thicken

Enjoy! (Add cream if you want)

Add your chicken to the sauce, sauteed onions&peppers
    Throw your boiled rice into a pan, push all rice to one side, add an egg and some pepper, once the egg has set mix it all around... boom, egg fried rice.

Serve with homemade chips and yum yum yum! No MSG or sick feelings... healthy homemade Chinese.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Jaysus, this thread/forum has been dead for ages.

Has it been moved? Where is everybody, I've been searching for a food segment in boards and couldn't find any.

Anyway, wanted to share this really easy handy curry sauce recipe... Perfectly paired with fried chicken, boiled rice turned into egg fried rice, and homemade chips - save yourself a tenner, have yourself a healthy, no sick feeling homemade Chinese :D

You don't even really need cream.

Literally only:
    Chicken stock
    Finely chopped onion
    Curry powder
    Chilli powder (optional)
    Worcestershire sauce (optional but good!)
    Salt n Pepper!

1. Grease/oil your pan/pot and turn to medium heat
    2. Add the onions and sauté until soft
    3. Add the curry powder (1 tbsp or 2)
    4. Add the chicken stock
    5. Add whatever extra spices
    6. Bring to boil
    7. Simmer
    8. Mix some cornflour in a cup with water and add to sauce to thicken

Enjoy! (Add cream if you want)

Add your chicken to the sauce, sauteed onions&peppers
    Throw your boiled rice into a pan, push all rice to one side, add an egg and some pepper, once the egg has set mix it all around... boom, egg fried rice.

Serve with homemade chips and yum yum yum! No MSG or sick feelings... healthy homemade Chinese.

Jaysus, you're a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Logo

Hey, thanks for the recipe for a homemade curry sauce!

I tried your recipe today but I can't get homemade chicken stock without cooking a chicken, or curry powder without using coriander, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek, and chili peppers, optional chilli powder (do I need chili peppers?) and optional but good worcestershire sauce (I had to use a jar as I'm not sure of the ingredients).

Sorry for the questions but I'm a novice to cooking and a bit confused.
    Any tips would be helpful and thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Logo you can just use knorr or oxo chicken stock cubes as it's for a sauce it works easy and quick.

Curry powder you can just buy by the box in any supermarket tesco aldi etc

It's no complicated recipe more of a 10 minute type thing... so if you want to go to the bother of getting chilli peppers, homemade chicken stock then be my guest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

what's wrong with MSG :confused:

Cites please

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

what's wrong with MSG :confused:

Cites please

I have a specific physical reaction to high dosages of glutamates that a food forum is not a suitable place to discuss. :pac:

There's been some evidence suggesting high dosages of gluamates can affect asthmatics relatively badly, and I am one. It doesn't cause breathing issues, though. Not hard to avoid it as I cook most stuff from scratch; but you can easily end up with glutamates from other sources.

• Advertisement
Advertisement