Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America on a budget

Options
  • 23-01-2017 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty broke after last year's holiday. But I want to go back again so badly. But to a different part, the south.

Realistically, how much do I need to have to cover for flights, accommodation, something I didn't do the last time and a car rental, spending money.

It's just myself, so I'm not too pushed on fancy hotels, just a bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

You could try doing air b&b or maybe couch surfing and that might bring the price down?

You can eat pretty cheaply here if you're careful but, I'll be honest, you get what you pay for in terms of quality of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

What would the car rentals be like over there? Would it be expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

The Raptor wrote: »
    What would the car rentals be like over there? Would it be expensive?

Fire your dates and destinations into Kayak and see. It'll give you a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

With the drop in value of the Euro, it's getting harder to visit America on the cheap.

Advertisement