Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acca p3 help me please

• 24-01-2017 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I will be sitting p3 exam in June 2017 1st time. I need to attend lecture as can't really start studying on my own without lessons.
    Which leaturer u think is the best for p3 among this two

Owen O' Relly Or Shane O' Grady ??

I'm paying for leatures myself, work part time and also a single parent so I really want the best I can get as I'm not confident enough with home study alone.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank u for ur time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

Jessica14 wrote: »
    I will be sitting p3 exam in June 2017 1st time. I need to attend lecture as can't really start studying on my own without lessons.

I'm paying for leatures myself, work part time and also a single parent so I really want the best I can get as I'm not confident enough with home study alone.

Any advice is welcome.

Thank u for ur time

Where are you based, op? I recently attended classes with Gary Bernie in DBS and I found him very good. It's a subject I found to be rather waffley, but he did a great job in making it interesting (relatively).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Any advice is welcome.

Thank u for ur time

P3 is a very interesting subject. Its about models and these must be applied to the cases. If your doing it self study try out open tuition. If your going to Owen or Shane it really depends if your Dublin based or using the video recorded lecturers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭MayoRoadRunner

Hi OP, I very recently completed my ACCA exams and have just been accepted as a member. I had Owen O'Reilly for P3 (sat through distance learning) and I have to say he was one of the best lecturers from the 10 or so I had along the way. He is passionate about the subject and this permeates his lectures. He is also very exam focused. I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Jessica14 wrote:

Jessica14 wrote:
    I will be sitting p3 exam in June 2017 1st time. I need to attend lecture as can't really start studying on my own without lessons. Which leaturer u think is the best for p3 among this two

Jessica14 wrote:

Jessica14 wrote:
    Any advice is welcome.

Jessica14 wrote:
    Thank u for ur time

I would avoid Shane tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Mary2014

Any advice is welcome.

Thank u for ur time

Let me put it this way Owen as entertaining as he maybe, the students are there to pass the exam.While Shane tips are awesome.I wonder if Owen provides any tips. there is a huge difference between a platinum and a gold college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jessica14

thank u for tip

thank u for tips everyone that has commented. i'm live in Dublin

i live in dublin and want to attend classes.
    can't do self study alone.

please can u elaborate please

"there is a huge difference between a platinum and a gold college."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

I sat p3 with Shane, I found him very helpful and he makes the subject interesting and entertaining, to be honest p3 is not a hard subject anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

The P3 lecturer in Griffith college (Dublin) I also found to be very thorough & exam focussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

I had Shane O'Grady for P3 & agree with other posters, he made the subject interesting & provided some good tips. P3 isn't a bad exam, found it fairly straightforward.

Can't comment on Owen O'Reilly as I never had him for anything.

Advertisement