Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Garage/Workshop Rathmines/Canal Road - Any interested?

• 24-01-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for 5-7 people to share workshop/garage in Rathmines with me, just off the canal near Portobello/Rathmines bridge. 10 mins from city centre.

Enough space for maybe 10 to 15 bikes, depending on bike size etc.

Electricity, secure reinforced large doors, workbench & a toilet. No dampness or leaks.

Rent split 6 ways would be 112 per month. It's a great deal at that price (I've been looking for similar space for months now).

I need to get back to landlord asap as there's a lot of interest, so please let me know today if you'd be interested. In the vid 2 places are shown. We'd just be renting one, though we get to pick. I'd be opting for the one with a workbench. My camera isn't great and makes it seem smaller than it is - in person it's really quite big. Toilet is out the back in a separate compartment (not the toilet under the workbench ;) ).

I'd be storing a bike or two there to tinker on, and would be happy to leave my tools there for use. 24/7 access. Would also be happy to add some chairs, kettle, microwave, etc, and turn it into a nice space to tinker and spend time in.

Would suit anyone looking for storage, without their own garage, or someone looking to start a small workshop biz in the city centre, or just a place to tinker around etc.

Place would be cleared out and tidied up before moving in obviously. Some lights and electrical sockets need replacing, and the locks would all be replaced and security improved. Landlord has agreed to do all that over the coming days.

Free parking outside for 2-3 cars.

Please let me know ASAP (today preferably) if you'd be interested. Thanks! :) Let me know if you'd like any more info. I think it could be a really great space.

Edit: Just found someone :) Just a few more needed now! Thanks.

Edit 2: Someone asked about insurance. I'll be pricing content insurance and public liability insurance later today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Also very interested. Two or three more and we'd have a great space to work in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

I had a look at those units yesterday for a completely unrelated use. Lovely spot but for me! Best of luck with it if you go ahead I'd just be weary about planning etc. as there is a garage in the lane there already who might kick up a fuss to the council

My mrs also said that that and of the lane can be pretty inaccessible due to the other garages cars clogging up the lane so be no harm in doing some recon there.

Advertisement