Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wattage range?

Options
  • 24-01-2017 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I've an iStick Pico and a Melo III tank. Using a 0.3 ohm coil in it. I can't seem to find the recommended wattage range for this set up. Finding charts for standard resistance coils is fine but not for sub-ohm ones. So what would be the recommended wattage range for this?

I've also got a Protank with a 0.5 coil - seemingly I should run that at a minimum of 30 watts. Problem is that the Protank eats juice a battery much faster than the Melo 3 does so I generally use the Melo. Also the Protank is leaking a little at the bottom - is that just a matter of replacing the rings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Orion wrote:
    I've an iStick Pico and a Melo III tank. Using a 0.3 ohm coil in it. I can't seem to find the recommended wattage range for this set up. Finding charts for standard resistance coils is fine but not for sub-ohm ones. So what would be the recommended wattage range for this?

There's no real set standard for what wattage to use as such, it's wherever you get the best vape. With the Melo coil it's probably good anywhere between 35 and 60 watts so I'd start at the lower end and work your way up till you hit that sweet spot and you can fine tune it once you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I find if I stay in around the 4V mark, no matter the coil, I'll have a decent vape. Adjust up or down from there to taste. The watts will follow suit :)

A 0.3 coil will be fine around 45-60w. Lower if you prefer a more mellow hit. Personal preference > what it 'should' be at.

Advertisement