Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I make my printer wireless?

Options
  • 24-01-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭

I have a printer with a network port. However I cannot locate it near my router and running cables is not an option.

I can use a USB cable from the laptop to a square plug on the printer , but it's a pain

So is there any options for me to either wirelessly link my printer to my router, or even some kind of wifi dongle to plug into the square usb port on the printer.

want and need to keep it as neat as possible, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

5rtytry56 wrote: »

thanks
    doesn't really give me any answers though or tell me any more than I knew already. the page is over 7 years old also :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Get a set of home plugs in Argos or PC World etc and use Ethernet. You'll have to plug in the printer anyway

Get a set of home plugs in Argos or PC World etc and use Ethernet. You'll have to plug in the printer anyway

is that the only way?
    I don't have a spare socket beside the Router. Already have about 4 plugs in a twin socket there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Seve OB wrote: »
    is that the only way?
    I don't have a spare socket beside the Router. Already have about 4 plugs in a twin socket there!

You can get pass-through home plugs, so you don't lose a socket - but plug it into the main wall socket and not a four gang or extension lead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Is it a good printer? Wireless All in One printers can be bought for a song these day.

You can get pass-through home plugs, so you don't lose a socket - but plug it into the main wall socket and not a four gang or extension lead.

thanks, must look at one of them so, but already running an extension lead so might not work

eeguy wrote: »
    Is it a good printer? Wireless All in One printers can be bought for a song these day.

yea, it's a good one. had thought about a new one, but this is in tip top condition so no real need to shell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get a router that can act as a print server, connect, sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ED E wrote: »
    Get a router that can act as a print server, connect, sorted.

Read the first line of the OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement