Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for family friendly 40th bday party

Options
  • 24-01-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions of where to have a family friendly 40th birthday party. I will be trying to keep the cost to a minimum also.

What I would love to have would be an afternoon BBQ party so access to an outside area but and if possible to hire in a bouncy castle as most of the guests would have kids of various ages.

I live in Maynooth so anywhere in the surrounding areas would be ok too. I'm thinking one of the sports clubs around but I am not a member of any of them so dunno the deal with them.

Can ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Time of year and time of day? Maynooth GAA or North Kildare Club likely to oblige. May have to put on a barman especially depending on time of day.

Contacting either via facebook will probably get you direct contact with whoever organises these things. Though, you could go up to either club (GAA after 9pm & North Kikdare might be best on Sunday around 4pm. If there's a rugby or hockey match on).

Kilcock GAA also an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WannaBbride

Thanks ixus. It would be in July on the weekend and I guess around 2pm. We could clear out by 6/7 then if there was another function on plus people with young kids would probably need to go anyways. Would most GAA clubs provide hot food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Thanks ixus. It would be in July on the weekend and I guess around 2pm. We could clear out by 6/7 then if there was another function on plus people with young kids would probably need to go anyways. Would most GAA clubs provide hot food?

No. Sorry, when you said bbq, i thought you would be providing that yourself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can rent out the Scout hall and there is loads of outdoor space , I don't think you could have alcohol there but I might be wrong .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Hi everyone,

What I would love to have would be an afternoon BBQ party so access to an outside area but and if possible to hire in a bouncy castle as most of the guests would have kids of various ages.

Forget about the bouncy castle - no commercial place will take that risk.

• Advertisement

A pipe dream then Delacent! Thought it might be a long shot alright. Will have to think of other stuff to entertain the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Newbridge Rugby Club is too far (40 Minutes) but worth mentioning for info.
    They've had bouncy castles there in the past for family days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You can rent out the Scout hall and there is loads of outdoor space , I don't think you could have alcohol there but I might be wrong .
    You can have alcohol. Scouts don't provide it obviously but you can bring your own. There are also half barrels and grills for a real bbq or bring your own gas/coals one. There would be space for a small bouncy castle. If you contact the Den Manager he'll let you know cost and availability. I'll pm you the email address.
    Delacent wrote: »
    Forget about the bouncy castle - no commercial place will take that risk.

I can't see why. You rent the bouncy castle therefore you are responsible for it. If the venue provided it that would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Clonfert Pet Farm has a BBQ area, and a bouncy castle. you'd have to check if they allow alcohol though, as I've only been there for kids' parties.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love Clonfert:)
    Leixlip amenities centre has a bouncey castle and might be worth talking to aswell.

• Advertisement

I love Clonfert too. We go there a lot anyways. I will keep it in mind. I never thought of leixlip amenities, thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Orion wrote: »

I can't see why. You rent the bouncy castle therefore you are responsible for it. If the venue provided it that would be different.

Try getting third party public liability insurance in a location where alcohol is being served and that you are renting for a few hours.

Simply not worth the hassle or cost.

Delacent wrote: »
    Try getting third party public liability insurance in a location where alcohol is being served and that you are renting for a few hours.

Simply not worth the hassle or cost.

Just so ye know, scout den will not allow the bouncy castle or use of their or your own bbq outside unless you have third party liability insurance as Delacent mentioned. Would not be worth the hassle for a few hours. I'm glad I started thinking about this well in advance!

Advertisement