Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hipsters night out

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Spot on,it was more my kinda shop when it was The Squeelin Pig/Master Mariner and had 7.30 am opening

How many names has that place had? Kates Cottage for a fair while too.

Wonder if the early house licence is lost to the winds; there's a few times I could do with a Full Sail or two before work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

MVP and Bello bar in D8 are pretty hipstery

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

L1011 wrote: »
    Wonder if the early house licence is lost to the winds;
    It is. Early house licences are use-or-lose. It's why the wonderful Sheridan's on the Docks in Galway closed: the landlords apparently wanted to hold on the the early licence but Sheridan's who leased it had no intention of opening early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was in Marys bar and hardware on Wicklow Street today. Pretty damn hipster with a burger joint downstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

me_irl wrote: »
    There's another pretentious place across the road. Used to be known just as the "snail" bar (as there's a plaque of a snail above the door)

*googles*

Jesus. It's actually listed as "Secret Bar". It's just before the one on the corner there on Fade Street (Fade Street Social).

I was always told that was called the "No Name" Bar.

I think the Snail sign is more for the French restaurant place underneath. But yes, its pretty hipster-ish in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was always told that was called the "No Name" Bar.

I think the Snail sign is more for the French restaurant place underneath. But yes, its pretty hipster-ish in there

yeah, it's the bar with no name, owned/part of Hogans group.

Advertisement