Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins - without contract

• 24-01-2017 3:06pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I will need 2 wheelie bins emptied soon. Don't want/need a contract. I reckon I need a collection every 4 months or so!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think I'll call Mr. Binman and discuss options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Could you take them to one of the council sites?
    http://www.clarecoco.ie/water-waste-environment/waste-and-recycling/recycling-centres-and-transfer-stations/

The suggestion above about the cooling off period may not work as you already have bins - all the bins have to be micro chipped now & the lorry probably wouldn't lift your existing bins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You could figure out who owns the bins, give them a call and tell them that you have 2 bins belonging to them and they can collect them. Otherwise you could call Mr Binman and Clean Ireland and see if they collect on a once off basis, I would be surprised if they didn't. Once you have it collected you should look into pay per pag services rather than waiting for it to mount up. Another option is to talk to your neighbours to see if they would be interested in sharing the bin bill, a friend of mine does that with his neighbours and it works very well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They are Mr. Binman's bins. I called them. Paid them €15 for a "one off" collection.

They said "leave them outside, we may collect them tomorrow, or maybe next week". Not good enough.

They also want their bins back.

• Advertisement

Looks like something like BigBins is the way to go for me. I reckon 1 trip per month @ €7 would cover it.

Mr. Binman can get stuffed. What they don't know yet is they'll lose a decent commercial account over this :D

Advertisement