If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz or Sony AV Receiver

Options
  • 24-01-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Howdy

Been looking at both the Marantz NR1506 and Sony STRDN860 and finding it difficult to make a choice between the 2,biggest difference seems to be the up-scaling on the Sony but aesthetically the Marantz looks far better in my opinion,but looks can be deceiving as they say.
    It says both are not available online also,is there a Boardsie deal

Can you lean me one way or the other please and whats the best you could do on either ,including delivery to Co.Clare,will pay in Sterling also.

Clinton

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Howdy

Been looking at both the Marantz NR1506 and Sony STRDN860 and finding it difficult to make a choice between the 2,biggest difference seems to be the up-scaling on the Sony but aesthetically the Marantz looks far better in my opinion,but looks can be deceiving as they say.

Can you lean me one way or the other please and whats the best you could do on either ,including delivery to Co.Clare,will pay in Sterling also.

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Both are very good A/v receivers.  i 

the Sony is an in-store only collection as it is still at our Sale pricing of £269.00
    The Marantz NR1506 priced up at £279.00 is only listed an in store as it is currently out of stock and once more stock arrives it should return to "Buy it Now" and we can ship them.

Delivery would be £6.99.

I'll see if I can get an ETA on more stock of the Marantz and revert back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

the Sony is an in-store only collection as it is still at our Sale pricing of £269.00
    The Marantz NR1506 priced up at £279.00 is only listed an in store as it is currently out of stock and once more stock arrives it should return to "Buy it Now" and we can ship them.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

There may be a discrepancy on your websites,just looking at the IE site the Marantz is listed as a Buy Now item and available online,the .Com has it available in-store only

Its the Marantz I want to go for,if I can go ahead and order on .IE for the 279GBP can you let me know, don't want to go ahead without say so and find out it is a discrepancy

I have put the links below

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201558-marantz-nr1506-black-sos.aspx

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/marantz/nr1506/mara-nr1506-blk

The details on the .IE link have changed between last night and this morning.

Clinton

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

There may be a discrepancy on your websites,just looking at the IE site the Marantz is listed as a Buy Now item and available online,the .Com has it available in-store only

Its the Marantz I want to go for,if I can go ahead and order on .IE for the 279GBP  can you let me know, don't want to go ahead without say so and find out it is a discrepancy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

The NR1506 had been buy it now on the .ie but then we ran out of stock and moved it to in store to avoid lots of back orders via the website.

I will be able to ship these again once more stock arrives. We are at the moment unsure of an ETA on these and are chasing.

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

Its the Marantz I want to go for,if I can go ahead and order on .IE for the 279GBP  can you let me know, don't want to go ahead without say so and find out it is a discrepancy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

The NR1506 had been buy it now on the .ie but then we ran out of stock and moved it to in store to avoid lots of back orders via the website.

I will be able to ship these again once more stock arrives. We are at the moment unsure of an ETA on these and are chasing.
    Thanks Kenny

Can you put me down for one please so if possible,will I get it at the 279GBP when it does arrive back in,original price is out of pocket.

Clinton

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Thanks Kenny

Can you put me down for one please so if possible,will I get it at the 279GBP when it does arrive back in,original price is out of pocket.

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

If you drop me your full name and address in a PM i can pop the order up @ £279 for you and let you know when they are due to arrive back in.

• Advertisement

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Thanks Kenny

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

If you drop me your full name and address in a PM i can pop the order up @ £279 for you and let you know when they are due to arrive back in.
    Hi Kenny

2 PM's sent,forgot the address on the first one.

Clinton

Howdy

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Delivery would be £6.99.

Hi Kenny

Cheers for that.

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Thanks Kenny

Clinton
    Hi Clinton.

Hi Kenny

2 PM's sent,forgot the address on the first one.

Clinton
    Cheers Clinton :D

Hey

Any update on ETA 

Clinton

Hey

Any update on ETA 

Clinton
    Hey Clintondaly.

Nothing as of yet.

I'll do some more chasing and see if there is any update.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭siulas

Hi, I'd be interested to see when they become available again, thanks :)

• Advertisement

siulas wrote: »
    Hey Siulas.

I will drop a post here as soon as I confirm the ETA on these. I have been chasing again this morning but still nothing :(

Hey Siulas.

I will drop a post here as soon as I confirm the ETA on these. I have been chasing again this morning but still nothing :(
    Anything :(

Hey Siulas.

Still no update unfortunately.

We are chasing these everyday and as soon as I can get an ETA on more stock this will be the first place I list it.

Hey Siulas.

We are chasing these everyday and as soon as I can get an ETA on more stock this will be the first place I list it.
    Cheers

Hey Siulas.

Cheers
    :)

Right,
    You've forced my hand Kenny :D

I've heard from my own sources that the nr1506 will not be available for possibly another couple of weeks.

Due to my own anxiousness and I might as well go over budget while I'm at it,I am looking at the Denon X2300 at 399,also looking at the Q Acoustics 2000Ci centre graphite speaker at 99.95,What can ya do and how soon ?(Delivery to Limerick/Clare)

Clinton

Right,

I've heard from my own sources that the nr1506 will not be available for possibly another couple of weeks.

Due to my own anxiousness and I might as well go over budget while I'm at it,I am looking at the Denon X2300 at 399,also looking at the Q Acoustics 2000Ci centre graphite speaker at 99.95,What can ya do and how soon ?(Delivery to Limerick/Clare)

Clinton
    Hey Clinton.

Yeah still no sign of more of the NR1506 amps yet.

The 2300 is really a cracking bit of kit.

Best I could do on the 2300 and the 2000ci would be £460.00 delivery.
    Both items are in stock here at the store and can ship tomorrow making delivery Tuesday or Wednesday 15th.

Let me know what you think.

Right,

Clinton
    Hey Clinton.

Yeah still no sign of more of the NR1506 amps yet.

The 2300 is really a cracking bit of kit.

Best I could do on the 2300 and the 2000ci would be £460.00 delivery.
    Both items are in stock here at the store and can ship tomorrow making delivery Tuesday or Wednesday 15th.

Let me know what you think.
    Hey

Right,lets go for that then 

Will PM my mobile, if you can give a buzz and we can sort it out

Clinton

Hey

Tried ringing the shop,sent a PM to Kenny with my mobile yesterday

Do I need to PM someone here today with my number ?

Clinton

Hey

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Thanks for taking my call this afternoon and apologies for the delay getting back to you! I will process that now and get it shipped asap!

Many thanks

David

• Advertisement

Hey

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Thanks for taking my call this afternoon and apologies for the delay getting back to you! I will process that now and get it shipped asap!

Many thanks

David
    Cheers and Thank You

Clinton

Hey

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Many thanks

David
    Cheers and Thank You

Clinton
    Hey Clinton.

I had been off yesterday but it seems David looked after you for me.

Order was shipped yesterday and going by our DPD system was delivered this morning.

Again thanks for the order :)

Hey

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Many thanks

David
    Cheers and Thank You

Clinton
    Hey Clinton.

Order was shipped yesterday and going by our DPD system was delivered this morning.

Hey Kenny

I can confirm it arrived this morning and look forward to setting it up over the next few nights

Thanks again

Clinton

Hey

Clinton
    Hi Clinton,

Many thanks

David
    Cheers and Thank You

Clinton
    Hey Clinton.

Hey Kenny

I can confirm it arrived this morning and look forward to setting it up over the next few nights

Thanks again

Clinton
    Excellent news Clinton :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.