Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kings inns exams 2017

• 24-01-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Currently studying jurisprudence and admin through Kings inns and working full time. Will be sitting the entrance exams in August of this year. Does anyone have any idea on when to start studying and would the past papers etc from King's Inns websites be enough? Can't see many people selling 2016 prep course manuals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7 EMS77

Hi @pipkin12, how did you get on this year with studying Admin and Jurisprudence via King's Inns?? Very curious to know as I'm trying to decide whether to sit Jurisprudence via King's Inns or at a local University/College.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭pipkin12

EMS77 wrote: »
    Hi @pipkin12, how did you get on this year with studying Admin and Jurisprudence via King's Inns?? Very curious to know as I'm trying to decide whether to sit Jurisprudence via King's Inns or at a local University/College.

Hey. Just had the exams last week for admin and jurisprudence. They were OK. I tried to do them individually through universities but they only let you do that if you're studying a full time course in that institution. I'd recommend doing it via Kings inns because it sort of shows you the standard of the entrance exams in that the guys doing the diploma generally don't have an issue sitting the entrance exams having studied all the relevant subjects over the last two years in Kings. Anything else I can help with let me know.

pipkin12 wrote: »
    Hey. Just had the exams last week for admin and jurisprudence. They were OK. I tried to do them individually through universities but they only let you do that if you're studying a full time course in that institution. I'd recommend doing it via Kings inns because it sort of shows you the standard of the entrance exams in that the guys doing the diploma generally don't have an issue sitting the entrance exams having studied all the relevant subjects over the last two years in Kings. Anything else I can help with let me know.

Hi @Pipkin12,
    Thanks for your response and for the offer to provided further info. I actually have a few other questions:

1.Did you take the diploma evening classes for the module and was there an online/distance learning option?

2.Did you have to sit an assignment and exam for each module?

3.Did the the class receive any revision tips/pointers prior to the exam?

Thanks again!

EMS77 wrote: »
    Hi @Pipkin12,
    Thanks for your response and for the offer to provided further info. I actually have a few other questions:

1.Did you take the diploma evening classes for the module and was there an online/distance learning option?

2.Did you have to sit an assignment and exam for each module?

3.Did the the class receive any revision tips/pointers prior to the exam?

Thanks again!

1) if you sign up to sit admin and jurisprudence with kings inns the only option is to sit the subjects with the diploma class which is run in the evenings. For example I had jurisprudence Tuesday's from 7-8 and admin on a Thursday from 5.45-6.45 pm on Thursday's. Tutorials were on alternating Wednesday's/Friday's evenings or Saturday morning every two weeks. They don't run an online option which is frustrating. I missed a few classes but they are available to listen back to like a podcast.

2) there was an essay for each module which was worth 20% and a final exam at the end of the year in each.

3)there wasn't much in the way of tips for the exams. it was more how to answer questions. The tutorials gave you a good indication as to which topics to prepare for the exam. Overall it was very doable. Quite inline with my university degree. I'm starting this week to study for the entrance exams which are in August.

Hi @pipkin12, thanks so much for this information! Best of luck with your preparation. I'll keep you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 DJ Yallah

Currently studying jurisprudence and admin through Kings inns and working full time. Will be sitting the entrance exams in August of this year. Does anyone have any idea on when to start studying and would the past papers etc from King's Inns websites be enough? Can't see many people selling 2016 prep course manuals.

Hi Pipkin12,
    Thank you for starting this thread. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you next year (Admin and Jurisprudence externally, then entrance exams).
    Would just like to know at what time last year did you apply and pay for Admin and Jurisprudence courses and, if you don't mind, what was the cost?
    Thanks

DJ Yallah wrote: »

Hi Pipkin12,
    Thank you for starting this thread. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you next year (Admin and Jurisprudence externally, then entrance exams).
    Would just like to know at what time last year did you apply and pay for Admin and Jurisprudence courses and, if you don't mind, what was the cost?
    Thanks

Hey

I paid 1,000 Euro for jurisprudence because it's the whole academic year and it's 500 Euro for admin because that only runs over one semester. I got onto them in August this year to sign up for the modules. However I know that they would take you on about two or three weeks into the course in September if you got on to them then. I bottled it the first time and missed the deadline to apply but they said I could still join in September provided I hadn't missed too many lectures. Anything else just let me know 😊

DJ Yallah wrote: »

Hi Pipkin12,
    Thanks

Hey

I paid 1,000 Euro for jurisprudence because it's the whole academic year and it's 500 Euro for admin because that only runs over one semester. I got onto them in August this year to sign up for the modules. However I know that they would take you on about two or three weeks into the course in September if you got on to them then. I bottled it the first time and missed the deadline to apply but they said I could still join in September provided I hadn't missed too many lectures. Anything else just let me know 😊

Advertisement