Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice/recommendation on a good quality bluetooth speaker

• 24-01-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

First of all i wanted a Bose speaker - I have always wanted a Bose speaker because they're Bose speakers.

So when i saw this (Bose soundtouch 10) in the shop I said its a must - its perfect - and it has the preset buttons(Which is a nice touch - that nobody else offers) & the sound is good - looking to fill a large open space

After trawling through many review websites and reading up on this entry level Bose speaker i decided to do more research and I found the Play 1

Ive now heard both of them in showrooms and its definitely up there in terms of quality.

Now its time to make a decision and possibly purchase somethng that will pack a punch and i read about this being as good a speaker as the soundtouch 10 - and its half the size - (Bose SoundLink® Bluetooth Speaker)

Not sure what to do next or what to buy - Can anyone on boards offer some advise to a good quality bluetooth speaker in or around €200 - €250/275

I want this to last some time and offer crisp sounding music - any ideas welcome, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi dball,

Thread moved as requested - I've also given it a meaningful title, always a help if you're looking for advice :).

All,

If you have strong opinions about Bose (and many have), please don't use this thread to vent your opinion - just try to help the OP, thanks.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks Ritz - ive searched the forum for Bose references but i'm specifically looking at the 2 (3) products mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Bose ST10 is a nice speaker, bit on the fugly side but perfectly functional. 6 Internet presets (you can add change from the app), Bluetooth and aux inputs.
    For its price it offers more than most in its range.

The Sonos is a bit more of a music player than general speakers. It can connect to quote allot more music services (Apple,Google, Tidal etc), has a bigger scope for multiple speakers in use at the same time. It doesn't have an aux input.

The big difference between the two is bluetooth in Bose favour, which would be the playback of media from YouTube, Netflix and so on. Sonos had the potential to access more music services at higher quality than ST10, but not media (YouTube etc)

Of the two I prefer Sonos (bit bias against Bose) but would definitely say the sound touch offers better connectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I bought the Soundlink II for a friend and she loves it... It's docking station is the best thing in the world... She's aircrew, so picks it up and throws it in her luggage before a flight, we use it out on the balcony for parties and the sound has always been good & I know that she puts it wherever she is in the apartment, it also gets brought on picnics, to the pool and the beach... It's a great piece of kit & the noise out of it is plenty for a single speaker setup. She has since bought one for her dad who is carrying it around Vietnam & Thailand for the next couple of months.

If you are looking for more than that, I would look into a system like Google's Cast-Builtin devices, which have allot more connection options than the likes of Sonos.

Advertisement