Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone line

Options
  • 24-01-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm currently finishing off my new house and hoping to get  sky broadband/TV in the house but I'm told I have to get a phone line first so they can determine the speed they can give me.

I'm wondering if ye charge for installing a phone line and how I go about getting this done. I don't actually want a landline I just want the connection so I can determine the speed sky can give me etc.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky need to order this for you. If they refuse (often do) then you need to sign up to Vodafone/Eir/Magnet for 1yr and then go back to Sky (due to Skys stinginess).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

cmc1605 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently finishing off my new house and hoping to get  sky broadband/TV in the house but I'm told I have to get a phone line first so they can determine the speed they can give me.

I'm wondering if ye charge for installing a phone line and how I go about getting this done. I don't actually want a landline I just want the connection so I can determine the speed sky can give me etc.

thanks.
    Hi  cmc1605,

Thanks for getting in touch.  ED E is correct and Sky would need to arrange this for you as if you order a phone line from eir this would be subject to a contract.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cmc1605

Hi,

thanks.
    Hi  cmc1605,

Thanks for getting in touch.  ED E is correct and Sky would need to arrange this for you as if you order a phone line from eir this would be subject to a contract.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    ok thanks.

do you think it would take long to get it installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

thanks.
    Hi  cmc1605,

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    ok thanks.

do you think it would take long to get it installed?
    Normally a line installation can take up to 10 working days cmc1605. In some cases it can take longer depending on the level of works required on site.

-Pamela 

Advertisement