Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C S S Coffee Shop Pumps

Options
  • 24-01-2017 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Came across this before, so might be worth looking at.

Tried to use one today but it seems to be reversed to Shrader.

On my own workshop pumps this was always a simple matter - open the adaptor and reverse the rubber insert. this one doesn't look like it works that way and despite spending a few minutes I couldn't work it out. Any idea? The one today was in Roundwood , so it likely to be in used often. Be goo to know how to change it either way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Did you get the make and model?

I presume it does either valve type I think they all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cajonlardo wrote: »
    ....On my own workshop pumps this was always a simple matter - open the adaptor and reverse the rubber insert. this one doesn't look like it works that way ...
    Any track pump I've had there was no need to do that - pumps always had 2 sided head. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Yeah, I've one at the moment has both on the same adaptor, one above the other, but I've had a couple with the set up I described above

Those CSS ones in the coffee shops definitely only have one and as I said , it definitely doesn't take schrader and presta without some kind of adjustment. One of those minor mysteries that bothers me until I understand it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Does it screw on or clamp onto the valve? If screw on, you can get little adaptors to convert schrader to presta. Have several of them lurking around the house.

It might well do both from the same nozzle. I know my track pump does both without changing or unscrewing anything. I had a cheap lidl one that you used to have to screw off the head and flip the inner rubber to do one or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Clamps on.

As Wishbone posted, the clamp on adaptor on most pumps have built into the head a presta and then separate schrader, this one does not. Normally you'd unscrew the head and reverse the plastic/rubber insert but that is what has me - it doesn't reverse
    I wasn't stuck today as I could manage with my own pocket pump but it would have been great to have a proper pump and you never know when someone will need it

Happened with the one in mt Usher a few years ago, saw a lad struggling and it was the same

Yes mine clamps on only the one head and outlet does both. I think it's a Topeak joe blow.

Might be an idea to message css and ask what pumps they're leaving out.

Advertisement