Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thanks reps

Options
  • 24-01-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

I'd like to thank the reps that 4 months ago told me that there was no short to medium-term plan to upgrade my area to anything beyond the 2Mb I was getting at the time.  Due to this advice, I moved provider,since why would I continue to pour funds into a provider that clearly has no interest in me as customer.

Today I noticed a bunch of fibre running by my front door, with a distribution box literally 40m away. Apparently FTTTH will be available in my area in about a month, meanwhile, I am bound to another provider who is rolling out their own network, which might hit my area by 2018, if I'm lucky...

Nice one guys... 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gerryk wrote: »
    I'd like to thank the reps that 4 months ago told me that there was no short to medium-term plan to upgrade my area to anything beyond the 2Mb I was getting at the time.  Due to this advice, I moved provider,since why would I continue to pour funds into a provider that clearly has no interest in me as customer.

Today I noticed a bunch of fibre running by my front door, with a distribution box literally 40m away. Apparently FTTTH will be available in my area in about a month, meanwhile, I am bound to another provider who is rolling out their own network, which might hit my area by 2018, if I'm lucky...

Nice one guys... 
    Hi  gerryk,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All FTTH and FTTC rollout information will be updated online here. I'm afraid we are unable to offer you a timeframe until this information is available to ourselves. I can understand your frustration and sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Pamela, whereas I realise this is not your fault as such, but reps, and subsequently retention/cancellaions were all pretty adamant that nothing was happening in the near future. I would have considered 4 months to be close enough to be known abour, and even if details could not be divulged due to 'commercial sensitivity', some sort of heads-up would have been appreciated. I have been an eircom customer since 1995. My first email address was @tinet.ie. In the last 6 ot 7 years though I have noticed less and less care for the customer, and so, pretty much at the recommendation of eircom reps, I finally gave up and moved... only to see that there were plans for upgrade all along.
    Anyhow... not much can be done about it so I'll stop my rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

gerryk wrote: »
    Pamela, whereas I realise this is not your fault as such, but reps, and subsequently retention/cancellaions were all pretty adamant that nothing was happening in the near future. I would have considered 4 months to be close enough to be known abour, and even if details could not be divulged due to 'commercial sensitivity', some sort of heads-up would have been appreciated. I have been an eircom customer since 1995. My first email address was @tinet.ie. In the last 6 ot 7 years though I have noticed less and less care for the customer, and so, pretty much at the recommendation of eircom reps, I finally gave up and moved... only to see that there were plans for upgrade all along.
    Anyhow... not much can be done about it so I'll stop my rant.
    No problem  gerryk, I'll pass your feedback onto the relevant teams. Apologies I couldn't do more.

-Pamela 

Advertisement